Foxbody Fast E6 Ignition Box Install

rafael

Jul 13, 2017
I have a 1992 mustang GT and was wondering if someone could help/show me how to install a Fast E6 ignition box. My mustang has stock distributor and stock ignition coil. Does anyone have pictures that could be provided or even better a video. I have searched you tube and there is nothing for foxbody mustang Fast E6.

• Sponsors (?)

Does it do something you need? I'm not all that familiar with it.
But i'm no fan of aftermarket ignition products unless absolutely necessary.
They usually cause more trouble than good.

Reactions: 1 users
Then leave it stock. No need for additional spark boxes, stock ignition can support more hp than you'd think.
From a quick search I did thats used with the fast efi system, if you still want to use it call the fast efi tech line to see if it's compatable with the stock efi.

Reactions: 1 user
Wasted are time with this answer,
Wasted mine with this post so, it's a wash. :shrug:

dead thread.gif

• Agree
Don't feel bad about responding to a ghost thread, a lot of new members do it.
Almost a 'right of passage '
Lol yea probably had this account 12 years now, there just people that post on the Internet because they can, it’s not helpful telling someone they don’t need it because you don’t know how to hook it up. But here how you hook it up, you’re welcome

Attachments

• 680C8E0E-A480-4206-8A2D-916AECDCDF3B.png
    680C8E0E-A480-4206-8A2D-916AECDCDF3B.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
it’s not helpful telling someone they don’t need it because you don’t know how to hook it up.
Trouble is, that's not what happened. :O_o:

If you look closely enough, there are [droves] of Mustang Knuckle Draggers running over 500 CHP on the stock ignition systems (I'm one of those folks). Along with that are [droves] of instances about dumping money into these ignition systems only to remove them again for the issues that they cause.

We already get a nice, hot, fat, spark from the OEM system. It's one of the few things already present that's just crying for forced induction. :)

Has nothing at all to do with knowing how to hook one up and a lot more about preventing somebody from headaches we've already endured for [ZERO] horsepower[Z] and added reliability issues.

Do those boxes work??
Yes, for situations where the spark is insufficient or boost/nitrous retard (can I say that or would it be 'special needs') for the ignition our cars have it has no advantage, it can cause trouble shooting issues.
This is just my opinion based on tech posts here with fox cars over many years.

Reactions: 2 users