Fox Foxbody quarter window

If demand is that high they should up the price. If the final product is that good, their service is worth more that $230ish.

Upping the price would slow demand. Then they could at least find a good balance and not have a massive backlog.

I can see why it takes so long. 10-15 coats with up to 3 days of drying time each? Wow

Regardless, I have a $50 pair of used quarters I could send in that I won't miss for a while , or try to do them myself, or buy the LRS repros for $330. What to do?

My originals are terrible. I need to do something.
I just Bought a set team vizions did. They look almost NOS honestly. My buddy whos local to me had a set done by them and fox mustang restoration who re bonds the glass completely . Hes only doing coupes so team vizions is your only option. I know he had issues with time frames. I got them second hand though my buddy waited a few months

• Sponsors (?)

8FEE43AD-3345-4978-B4C6-5F984DEB84FA.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
And to think I saw these a few weeks ago and yes, both quarter windows were good and looked original. Probably could have had them both for under $100. Damn!!!
2069A7BD-7BE7-42D6-A205-0D1F507A10D1.jpeg

What is the procedure for removing the quarter windows?

You have to remove the inner trim panels from inside the car to access the bolts. They bolt in, but are sealed with butyl tape. You pretty much have to unbolt the glasses and slowly work the butyl tape loose.

I find the best way to do it is have a helper (or wife) simple push the glass out with both hands why you begin prying at the door jamb. Once you get it started, slowly work it away from the body carefully. They like to break right down at the point near the Mustang lettering

And then you'd probably have to sell a lot of windows at a higher price to recoup the licensing fees.

Bad enough they are $300/pair now.

I'd just buy the decals
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/173663711254

I bought a set of decals just to see. For $9 you get four of them in any color of your choosing.

Pretty spot on.

IMG_3004.JPG

I may try the LRS windows. I want to refinish the set I have now, but after inspecting them there are a few flaws I think would irk me. Plus the lead time is a killer. I'd rather just go new.

I've seen some pics of th LRS windows on cars and they seem to fit nice and tight. I just never liked how they didn't say Mustang.

No...I'm not buying NOS.

I bought a set of decals just to see. For $9 you get four of them in any color of your choosing.

Pretty spot on.

IMG_3004.JPG

I may try the LRS windows. I want to refinish the set I have now, but after inspecting them there are a few flaws I think would irk me. Plus the lead time is a killer. I'd rather just go new.

I've seen some pics of th LRS windows on cars and they seem to fit nice and tight. I just never liked how they didn't say Mustang.

No...I'm not buying NOS.

I'm with you. I've seen the stickers, you really cant tell they are sticker until your a few feet away.

What is the procedure for removing the quarter windows?

I've found with a heat gun they come out much easier, years ago I used to do vinyl tops and popping out quarter windows was a weekly occurrence. We would heat up the buytl and then we used to lay on the back seat and push the window out with our foot while a assistant would hold onto it on the outside.