Foxbody window HELP

chad duncan

Jan 7, 2012
I’ve replaced my passenger side window motor, regulator, and all switches to no avail. The window will still not roll up but it will go down. Please help as I feel like I’ve tried everything.

• Sponsors (?)

I would disconnect the window motor from the wiring harness and manually cycle the window up and down with a 12V power source and some wire. If the window goes up and down ok, then mechanically I would say that the motor and regulator are good and your problem is in the wiring. If it is the wiring, I would assume the switch is not giving power to the motor to go up. It would be easy to check with a DVM. I assume it does not go up with either switch?

Reactions: 1 user
I would disconnect the window motor from the wiring harness and manually cycle the window up and down with a 12V power source and some wire. If the window goes up and down ok, then mechanically I would say that the motor and regulator are good and your problem is in the wiring. If it is the wiring, I would assume the switch is not giving power to the motor to go up. It would be easy to check with a DVM. I assume it does not go up with either switch?
Correct, it will not go up with either switch. I will have to try giving it another power source. If power isn’t the problem then what could be?

I am having the same issue. I assumed it was the motor, but Today I bought a new motor and regulator and same thing. Window goes down fine but will not go up. Before I installed the motor and regulator I plugged the motor in goes down but not up. I used a test light on the two wires that plug into the motor. Up and down positions are getting power when toggling the switch. I am totally baffled. If I am getting power to the motor plug there is no reason why it should not go up.

My fathers Taurus wagon ate up window motors like candy.... The mechanic finally found a NON China version and the problem went away... Check your grounds and try another direct power source.. Just because it is new does not mean its any good......

Reactions: 1 user
I never knew just one side of a motor could burn out. I thought that they either work or they don't. If I get time tomorrow will check the ground. Can anyone post a wiring diagram for the electric windows? Thank
The motors reverse themselves to go up and down... I know I worked on a chevy truck years ago and the switches fed through each other when sending power to the motor....