• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

FPR does not hold a vacumm..is this OK?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fordy9ers1
  • Start date Start date Feb 23, 2004
F

fordy9ers1

New Member
Feb 23, 2004
2
0
0
Feb 23, 2004
#1
  • Feb 23, 2004
  • #1
I had my engine off and hooked up a vac. tester to the kirban fuel pressure regulator, pumped to 10"vac and watched it drop to 0" in 5 seconds. I checked my bypass valve, it holds 10"vac for 5 mins, no problem. Can anyone tell me if the diaphram is suppose to hold a vac or drop? I'm asking this cause I noticed I had airbubbles comming out of the fuel rail when i was checking fuel pressure...you know the clear tube on the gage..I hit the release button and watch airbubbles stream out with gas. I thought there's suppose to be no air in the rails or it should go away....help
 

S/CBlack95GT

New Member
Apr 6, 2003
2,018
0
0
Tampa Palms, FL
Feb 23, 2004
#2
  • Feb 23, 2004
  • #2
I was told that you can't vacuum test an adj. FPR.
 
F

fordy9ers1

New Member
Feb 23, 2004
2
0
0
Feb 23, 2004
#3
  • Feb 23, 2004
  • #3
S/CBlack95GT said:
I was told that you can't vacuum test an adj. FPR.
Click to expand...


I'm hoping someone out there can hook up the vac tester and see if it holds a vac say at 10" vac...if I hook up the vac to the bypass, it holds a the vac for several mins without dropping. I called Kirban and they weren't sure if it would hold it or not. I would imagine it should since you are applying a vac between diaphram and vac line nipple. But i want to make sure this is bad before I toss a $100. Kirban did say that the fuel lines should hold pressure for several hours after turning off the engine.
Any idea how you tell if the FPR is going bad? how do you troubleshoot the sucker?
thanks
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
01 mustang 3.8 fuel pressure issue
  • Mhaley2006
  • May 29, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
377
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 9, 2026
JohnKay
J
C
98 gt fuel pressure issues
  • chasecollier1984
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
143
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 2, 2026
chasecollier1984
C
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
353
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
R
1994 GT 5.0L crank no start
  • Red1994MustangGT
  • Apr 15, 2025
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
1K
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Aug 19, 2025
Kurt_MO
K
K
Engine 2000 Mustang GT - Fuel issue post-blown spark plug repair
  • kenster1092
  • Feb 26, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
464
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 10, 2026
kenster1092
K
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?