FR500s on my 73 mach 1 plus pics

Your wheel/tire combo looks great on you car. The black wheel spokes work great with your paint scheme.
Please post some more pictures when you get your ride height worked out.

Also, if your rear tire fitment is tight, you might want to consider a panhard bar to eliminate any body
deflection over the rear axle.

Tim

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the tip about the panhard bar, I'll look into that.

Never gave up on classics hungrymonkey :D I just now got back into a position where owning one was a posibility on a few different levels :) I did buy a cheap awd talon to daily drive for a few years when the previous one burnt. It's not too shabby now, makes ~300awhp and runs 12.9s@110 on pump :D :D

Thanks for the tip about the panhard bar, I'll look into that.

Never gave up on classics hungrymonkey :D I just now got back into a position where owning one was a posibility on a few different levels :) I did buy a cheap awd talon to daily drive for a few years when the previous one burnt. It's not too shabby now, makes ~300awhp and runs 12.9s@110 on pump :D :D
I actually looked at a couple of talons recently. but I found a fox body in decent shape. AWD would be nice this winter though.

I was wanting to put a set of FR500 w/anthrasite centers on my 1969 Fastback, what size are your rims, where you got them, I was looking at a set of wheels that are 17x9 front and 17x10.5 rear 275/40-17, and 315/35-17 tires, what spacers did you use. I have Granada spidles and discs on front, 1985 Lincoln Continetal or MK7 discs on rear, rotors are all slotted and cross drilled

I bought them from americanmuscle.com. Those are the size wheels & tires that I put on, no spacers. The wilwood kit pushes out the hub .75". I had to grind on the UCA to get it to clear on the inside. It does clear the fender though. The fronts needed longer studs as well as the back. So it did turn into a bit of a project.

I was wanting to put a set of FR500 w/anthrasite centers on my 1969 Fastback, what size are your rims, where you got them, I was looking at a set of wheels that are 17x9 front and 17x10.5 rear 275/40-17, and 315/35-17 tires, what spacers did you use. I have Granada spidles and discs on front, 1985 Lincoln Continetal or MK7 discs on rear, rotors are all slotted and cross drilled

Feel free to check my post about FR500s on my 69:
http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=3467&highlight=rubber

I gotta laugh, but in a good way, that you couldn't find $20-$30 worth of wheel studs that would work, so you spent a couple thou on new brakes. The funny part is that it makes perfect sense to me, and probably to everyone else on here.

BTW, the wheel-brake-tire combo looks awesome. I'm always saying to anyone who will listen that the big Stangs look great lowered with fat tires. You still need to take care of the lowering part, tho. (Here's my car, with some similar looking wheels, before I lowered it another inch)

I gotta steal that quote man....

The FR500 wheel is swsome, I remember seeing em for the first time and was an instant fan :nice:

I also had a great laugh at the change from the first pic with rear drums....then a comment on em....followed by a later pic with shiny drilled rotors :haha:

NICE lol

Peer pressure is a bitch! haha! Just how we do.

I think it goes without saying that drums behind wide 17" is retodded. With the system bled the car stops really well. I'm a sucker for better braking courtesy of my talon's setup.

Attachments

• mach13.jpg
    mach13.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 84
Sorry for the late bump but I had a few pm's about the wheels and figured I'd post better pics. I finally got to take some day time pics. The brake kit still works great, the stopping power is incredible for a car this heavy.

And on an unrelated note, where can I find the weatherstripping for this back bumper? That crap drives me crazy :(

Attachments

• mach1.jpg
    mach1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 86
  • mach2.jpg
    mach2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 100
Sorry for the late bump but I had a few pm's about the wheels and figured I'd post better pics. I finally got to take some day time pics. The brake kit still works great, the stopping power is incredible for a car this heavy.

And on an unrelated note, where can I find the weatherstripping for this back bumper? That crap drives me crazy :(

You can put on 71-72 brackets to pull it closer. I also have a set of the molding but they're silver.