Paint and Body frame straightening

Hey guys first post here. I'm getting my 86 GT convertible ready for a good ole restoration. It's an Indiana car so you can imagine the state it's in. No I won't buy a new one so don't worry about telling me to just get a less rusty one. I'm too attached and sentimental because it's my first car.

I'm bringing it down to SC where I live now and I know the first thing I need to do before doing bodywork is to get the frame straightened. It was hit in the front fender years ago and the inner apron was very slightly bent. Thankfully it wasn't a hard hit. My main question is, has anyone had their foxbody frames straightened and what did it cost? I know there are too many variables involved for it to be exact to what the cost for mine will be, but i want an idea if any of you have gotten a similar job done.

Also what did you do to prep the car to have it straightened so it cost less? Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

I did nothing to prep the car.

It was about $150.

It was roughly 20 years ago.

As for the rest: Well, the dude that puts it on the frame jig will be able to say if the car is salvageable.

I hit a slush hidden pot hole hard enough to bend up the right front rim and make proper alignment not possible in an 87 Merc. The frame shop repair bill was less than the replacement rim and tire.

I did nothing to prep the car.

It was about $150.

It was roughly 20 years ago.

As for the rest: Well, the dude that puts it on the frame jig will be able to say if the car is salvageable.

I already know it's pretty much salvageable. I drove it for a few years after the accident with a new fender than I just kept primered (I was in college). I didn' even know the inner fender was bent until I tried to get it aligned and the guy said it was. Floor pans are in good shape and the frame is shockingly not rusted. Just rusted quarters and rockers are going to give me a hard time.

$450 to pull the right frame horn, 1986 gt, hit a large tree straight on the frame rail pushing the crush section against the shock tower, shock tower did not movez. I pulled the bumper cover and the air box and pipe to tb.