Front Brakes sticking... Line lock issue??

Zapp109

Feb 28, 2001
Maryland
I bought my 87 LS1 Notch a month ago and havent drove it much but I have noticed the front brakes start sticking after a little driving. The car has 2004 GT brakes, curious if anyone has experienced a similar issue due to an old line lock? I have bought a new one just to have incase thats the issue.. If you had a similar issue what was your problem?

• Sponsors (?)

Take a 9/16 wrench and loosen each nut holding the master cylinder to the booster 2 full turns, and pull the MC out against the nuts. Take the car for a drive. The MC won't go anywhere, don't worry. If that cures it, then you know you need to take the MC off the booster (no need to crack the lines) and shorten the booster rod a little bit, because it's preloading the brakes.

Take a 9/16 wrench and loosen each nut holding the master cylinder to the booster 2 full turns, and pull the MC out against the nuts. Take the car for a drive. The MC won't go anywhere, don't worry. If that cures it, then you know you need to take the MC off the booster (no need to crack the lines) and shorten the booster rod a little bit, because it's preloading the brakes.

Good idea, Ill give that a shot 1st thanks

The 99-04 gt caliPers are notorious fOr sticking due to the phenolic pistons. You might have to verify if they are in fact sticking in the bores and replace the calipers

The 99-04 gt caliPers are notorious fOr sticking due to the phenolic pistons. You might have to verify if they are in fact sticking in the bores and replace the calipers

I also thought about that being a problem, Im going to consider that my last resort ofcourse. Ill start with turning the nuts off the master cylinder a few turns.. then go to the line lock, one reason im thinking its not caliper is just due to the fact both fronts are sticking.. Which could happen to be caliper problem but usually you would think maybe one would go bad not both..

Update, brakes sticking a little so I backed the nuts off on the brake booster and didnt help. So hopefully in the next few days ill try the line lock next... Also the car has a pressure adjuster on it to add more front brakes or less.. but i dont see that making brakes stick