Paint and Body Front Bumper Cover

331turbo

Jul 20, 2017
I have a 93 coupe that has has a twin turbo set on it. It has the classic LX front bumper cover but I had to cut. I had to cut so much to get the intercooler to fit I don't like it any more. I've seen where people have put the 99/01 cobra and 03 cobra front bumper cover on fox bodies. I don't really like the 03 because it just makes the front look like a brick to me. The 99/01 does not look bad, i think it flows with the car better. Has anyone tried putting a newer like 2013-2017 front bumper cover on a fox. I'm not a body guy so I'm not sure how hard it would be to cut an fab it to a fox mustang. If it has been done ,I have yet to find any pics.. I've looked, but can't find any.Any and All opinions are welcome thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sponsors (?)

The SN95 cars are the same basic chassis so the dimensions are pretty damn close. The issue with newer cars is that they are physically bigger than the fox. Not sure the lines would match up as well.

Why not run a GT front fascia, as it offers a bit more room in that area vs an LX nose

As a 20 year body shop vet, I doubt that bumper would be able to fit that car. Even with modifying it, I'm sure a body shop would charge you up the nose to even attempt to fit that to a fox body.

Mustang5L5 I know the GT front end offers more room then the LX one but never been a big fan of it. I was think Saleen front bumper but was wanting to do something different. I'm really liking to 99/01 look give me room an looks almost factory from what iv seen when done right. Blakeusmaximus since your a body guy if someone came to you an ask to do this what is a ball park someone might expect to pay?

The problem I would have with it is how to make the bumper fit the headlamps, grille, hood. You would pretty much have to fabricate a bumper cover to make it work. Like Mustang5L5 said, the newer cars are bigger, wider cars. I really don't think its possible, and really don't think it would look that good. Just my two cents.

If you're crafty enough, you can splice anything.

To put the lower from an S197 on you would need to narrow it as well. Then there's the trick of making the body lines flow together between it and the LX bumper.

I haven't seen exactly that done, but I bet it could be done. You'll have to really give some thought to how to fit it up.

Then cut it up, slap it together, and your done:D.

Seriously though, if you want to give it a try, I'm willing to help out as much as I can. PM me and we'll talk.

In the mean time I'll start to look at pictures of the different bumpers and give you my thoughts.

Sorry guy I might have not been to clear here an I apologize. I'm looking to do the lower section of the bumper. So head light an down. So it would look something like the picture. This is a 4 eye with 99/01 cobra bumper lower part.

Attachments

• IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 269
Sorry guy I might have not been to clear here an I apologize. I'm looking to do the lower section of the bumper. So head light an down. So it would look something like the picture. This is a 4 eye with 99/01 cobra bumper lower part.
That's what I was thinking you meant. I'll snoop around tonight looking at the different bumpers and tell you what I think you can do.

I don't know the exact dimensions, but I think it could be done.
IMG_0675.JPG
IMG_0678.JPG

It would take some imaginative modifications on the corners, and deciding where to splice the lower to the upper.

Where do you live?

Its not hard to put the 99- 04 cobra bumpers on the Lx front bumpers. The newer bumpers may take more work....could be done though.

Hit up a local body shop or ford dealer body shop and get a damaged cover, that way you can hack it up and tape it to your nose (insert funny picture here) to get an idea of what it will take, better yet get two covers, you'll need one for your car too.

:rlaugh::stick::hide:

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks guys didn't know I could call ford body shop an get damage front cover. I'll give them a call today see if they have one. If they do I dunno if I'm the right person to start hacking. Dunno anything about auto body I'm more of mechanical guy.

I call parkway an few other ford dealship they all said they send bumper covers back for cores. Junk yards around here don't have newer cars. I'll keep looking see what I can find.