Front control A-arm Bolt sizes and removal ?'s

K.C.90gt

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2000
Detroit Area, MI
I tried taking my front control A-Arm off last night and couldn't get one of the bolts out, I got the nut off of it but its all twisted up in the bushings and wont come out at all. I was wondering if anyone knows the size of the bolt and where to get one because I think the only option I have is to cut it out. I called a local ford dealer and they said they don't carry those parts anymore. What is the size of the bolt and where can i get a replacement bolt for control arms? any help would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

ss93cobra said:
Then call your Ford dealer back, tell them they suck, and you want to order part # .N808476.S301 which is 16mm x 2 x 117.5
I can give you the price too if they need that! :rlaugh:

WOW! thanks! I knew that guy at the dealer didnt know what he was talking about.. i got a nut for my motor mounts at a ford dealer last year and they carried them instock. This guy said they stop carrying parts for those mustangs years ago because the aftermarket carried much more than they can handle so they stopped carrying them, he said he would have to fill a warehouse to keep parts stocked for these mustangs.. HAHA.. what a joker. So how much are those bolts roughly anyways? thanks again.

ss93cobra said:
Then call your Ford dealer back, tell them they suck, and you want to order part # .N808476.S301 which is 16mm x 2 x 117.5
I can give you the price too if they need that! :rlaugh:

I thought the front lower "A" Arms bolts were different from each other (2 mounting points) or are both the number you have listed above?

Shakerhood said:
I thought the front lower "A" Arms bolts were different from each other (2 mounting points) or are both the number you have listed above?

I'm pretty sure that they are the same. I used the same sized bolts... No way did i pay those dealer costs HA!

You will also need nuts, which ford will charge you around $2.50 per. That is 4x7 + 4x2.5 = 38x1.15 = 43.70. You'll be paying $45 for those nuts and bolts!!!

Mavrick said:
I'm pretty sure that they are the same. I used the same sized bolts... No way did i pay those dealer costs HA!

You will also need nuts, which ford will charge you around $2.50 per. That is 4x7 + 4x2.5 = 38x1.15 = 43.70. You'll be paying $45 for those nuts and bolts!!!

I pulled out the old Ford Service manual and it does list them as the same, although it lists a different number than above. It has N804591-S100 for the Bolts and N804591-S100 for the Nuts.

$50 for bolts.... that sucks, I would either a) go to a junkyard b) save up for a aftermarket A arm and K member setup. Ford will rape you with thier excessive prices on parts.

well I just finished installing them over the weekend and ended up using a angle grinder to saw the old ones off.. I only needed to saw one per side. I went to a place called motor city fastener and they had the except size bolt and nuts and it was only 10 bucks total for two bolt and two nuts. Thanks for the help again.

I ordered new Ford Motorsports front A Arms and just in case I have a similar problem I went ahead and ordered new nuts and bolts. $26 for everything from Greens, not too bad.