Front skinnies backspacing question.

Teddyd

Jul 6, 2020
MA
Hi, I want to order the inexpensive vision wheels (prostar knockoffs) and the smallest they make for skinnies is 4” with 1.75” as the only backspacing available.can someone please tell me if this will work on my 1985 stock suspension foxbody? I’m sorry if this had been gone over a million times but I’ve been searching and searching and all I see is Info about 3.5 inch front wheels.
thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I had a set of wheels with the same dimensions on a car with the pbr brakes and they needed a thin spacer to not drag on the caliper. Idk about with stock brakes.

I had a set of wheels with the same dimensions on a car with the pbr brakes and they needed a thin spacer to not drag on the caliper. Idk about with stock brakes.

I don't think it's going to be the same with stock 1985 brakes. I would say the backspacing doesn't really matter, it's almost always right about centerline on skinny wheels, which is what 1.75" on a 4" wheel. Doesn't matter what wheel you get, you might need a spacer.

Kurt

Yes! Pics!!

maxresdefault-5.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I probably should have elaborated. The backspacing isn't going to change the need for a spacer, since it's the caliper that generally rubs on the inner face of the wheel, not the inner diameter of he wheel.

Kurt