front suspension experience

noblesteed

Sep 10, 2007
Hello fellow mustangers..I'm looking to hear from people who have bought/installed either the total control product coil over suspension kit.or upgraded their oem suspension with global west/control freak kits...just want to know your impressions on how it improved your ride's handling /comfort

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You should post this in the tech section, too. I have the TCP front suspension - installed it several years ago. It came with 500#/in springs, but they were too stiff, so I ordered and installed 400# springs. It's now a pleasure to drive and handles nearly as well as with the stiffer spring. Installation was straightforward.

I have the GW rear springs, del-alums and CureRide shocks. I think they now sell QA1 adjustables, but I have no complaints re the CureRides. You must lower the control arm, as you probably know. Also, subframes are a must to keep the car from twisting. It made a big difference for my car.

The only issue had was in finding a shop that understood the control arms/strut setup and could align it. Once that was done, it drove smoothly and predictably. No bump steer.

Hope that helps.

thanks socalcruising this is exactly what I need to hear...my 67 is a small block car so I'll start with the 400# springs on it as per your experience the 68 is a big block with a/c so I'll need to get bigger springs for it...I haven't looked into rear suspensions yet but I do appreciate the advice you offered there as for shop work...... I've been a Ford technician for nearly 20 years I'll be doing my own alignement/set up

I didn't go with either of those kits and i haven't driven my 68 yet because its not even half way done but heres a picture of the suspension i installed in it. Its made by Martz and its a full frontclip
178674.jpg

Heres the end result
183698.jpg

Thanks cobra 5.0...wickedly cool suspension you've got there...looks super tough/solid....but its too much modification for my projects...both my cars are california cars with virgin frames/shock towers....it'd kill me to cut them...but maybe for my next mustang adventure...???I checked out your link I also have 1968 fastback as a project looks like your well on your way on yours..mine has been on hold for some time but soon I'll be back on track

I didn't go with either of those kits and i haven't driven my 68 yet because its not even half way done but heres a picture of the suspension i installed in it. Its made by Martz and its a full frontclip
178674.jpg

Heres the end result
183698.jpg

if you're going to do a mustang II front end on an early stang THAT is the way to do it, a complete subframe assembly. i believe the Martz kit also has down-bars that run from the firewall to the front of the frame rails as well, correct?

Thanks cobra 5.0...wickedly cool suspension you've got there...looks super tough/solid....but its too much modification for my projects...both my cars are california cars with virgin frames/shock towers....it'd kill me to cut them...but maybe for my next mustang adventure...???I checked out your link I also have 1968 fastback as a project looks like your well on your way on yours..mine has been on hold for some time but soon I'll be back on track

i haven't updated that website in a long time. I have a 532 Big Block ford for my Fastback now and the rear suspension is all hooked up with some 315 tires. The floor has been cut for my subframes which should be welded in next week when my family friend whos a professional welder can weld them in for me.
Heres a picture of the rear
194860.jpg