Front suspension help needed

mytight95

Apr 11, 2003
Dothan,Al
I pulled the front struts off my car today , and they have almost no absorption, and almost no rebound left. I was gonna put the caster camber plates on but i think i better replace the struts.....

I am looking for a recommendation, something that will be ok on the street, and launch at the track.......front end lift. I am also thinking of doing the shocks at the same time, and would like opinions and suggestions for those as well.

Things i was looking at so far are:

HAL struts, with threaded sleeves for coilovers....but they are $$$$$$$whew...lol

KYB
Lakewood

what are the other options etc....

I have also been thinking of springs, like race springs, but i would like some that lower the car as well.... anything like this exist, cutting coils isn't unheard of, but is this a good option on drag springs....

thanks

jason

• Sponsors (?)

I vote QA1's. They are a great drag strut and not as hardcore as the lakewoods. That might be a good thing for a daily. I don't know much about cutting springs as far as if it would damage the integritiy of the spring or not but i think you should be ok if you did that. If i were you though i'd weight a little more and save up so more money for some drag springs like perhaps the Eibach drag kit. Those are pretty cheap.

i have my stock waffles with nitto drags, and another two waffles i am gonna put slicks on in the future and also two skinnys for up front........ a friend had them, and they started flaking, chrome? and he bought new ones, i got these dirt cheap just for the track...

jason