Front suspension popping sound after strut install

• Sponsors (?)

Any chance you Torque wrenched them on? Or just impact gun them on with an air gun. Its possible they are too tight, but i doubt it.

Maybe you are getting some rub somewhere? Maybe you dont have the strut fully seated in the strut tower?

I didnt put them on. Its definately not a rubbing sound. Although I do rub occasionally on really sharp cornering like getting on one of those curvy freeway onramps really fast. I think its because the struts are shorter than the stock ones though.

Well for starter's, i'd jack the front of the car up, and i'd have someone turn the wheel both directions as you lay under the car and watch the wheels and struts move on both sides as your friend turns the steering wheel. Make sure they are connected to the steering knuckle (two bolts connecting the bottom of the strut into an arm that the wheel sits on basically) properly.

Maybe you will notice something right away just from doing that. Struts are very easy to install and you certainly could have done yourself, so dont be afraid to get dirty under the car and try and figure out the problem yourself now :nice:

UDTBadkarma said:
Maybe, but i have bad ball joints on my car and it doesn't make any popping :rlaugh: So thats why i didn't say that. But yeah i guess it might be. Get under the car an check em out :nice:

huh, balls joints pop when they go bad...thats one of the ways you know to check them.