Front turn signals don’t work

ggradtech

Jun 17, 2016
My car has an aftermarket tinted front headlight assembly. I’ve also swapped the OEM bulbs to an LED high output type for the headlights. The front turn lights don’t work though. They have bulbs, and I’ll try swapping them for some new ones. I just can’t imagine that the bulbs are burned out on both sides, and when I inspected the bulbs, they didnt appear to be blown.

• Sponsors (?)

You need an LED compatible flasher relay if you run LED bulbs. I swapped every single bulb on my car to LED, and had to try a few different flasher relays before it worked. Amazon is the best/cheapest place to get the flashers. Note, you have 2 flasher relays. One for the hazards, and the other for turn signals. The turn signal one can be in different places depending on the year. Mine was under the steering column.

The LED bulbs plugged into the factory bulb sockets and have an LED adapter within the harness that comes with the bulbs. I still would need LED turn bulbs? The main harness has been otherwise unchanged. Thanks

The LED bulbs plugged into the factory bulb sockets and have an LED adapter within the harness that comes with the bulbs. I still would need LED turn bulbs? The main harness has been otherwise unchanged. Thanks
Your turn signals are not led?
do the rear turn lights work?
turn signals do not care if the headlight bulbs are led.

Yeah, I can’t see how the LED front bulbs would matter. I could remove the LED bulbs and the blinkers in the front still won’t work. The rears work fine as well.

Without the LED or heavy duty flasher relay, LED bulbs will not work. You can wire in resistors, but they may or may not work, and also pose a risk as they get really hot.
If your turn signals aren’t working with normal bulbs either, it’s probably the flasher relay.

This is the led kit I installed

Attachments

• DBDFCE11-A90C-400D-991C-5D27A28811B8.png
    DBDFCE11-A90C-400D-991C-5D27A28811B8.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
Those are headlights. Having LED headlights has no effect on blinker operation. If you don’t have LED bulbs in your turn signals, still try replacing the relay flasher. Also look at the hazard switch. The turn signal wiring goes through it, and it’s not uncommon for the wires to come loose.

Exactly. In your 1st post I think it said that you can’t run LED headlight bulbs without also using an LED flasher, which made no sense to me. Simply because my headlights worked perfectly since I installed them and I haven’t done anything with the flasher relay yet. Thanks for the tip on the flasher/relay. I’m gonna swap it out and see what happens.