Suspension front wheels too far back 91lx

• Sponsors (?)

Some of the aftermarket tubular lower control arms are manufactured with an offset in them. Are you sure you have the zero offset version?

Also, you said you have SN95 control arms, have you checked your track width as they are longer than the stock fox arms (3/4" per side). If your set up is not taking this into consideration (some k-members move the mount points inward) you may have alignment and/or tire to fender issues.

When I was building my 90 GT, I modded my k-member to move control arm mounts in 1/2" and tried some SN95 QA1 control arms. With my 245/50/16 front tire the tire simply stuck out too far for my liking and I switched back to OEM control arms with poly bushings.

IMG_1063.JPG IMG_1447.JPG
First pic is with SN95 QA1 arm. Second is with OEM lower arm. Same rim, same tire. Best perspective is to compare distance from outer edge of tire tread to fender moulding.

Other possibility is you put them on the wrong sides (left on the right, right on the left).

Last edited:
QA1 info is a little lacking i believe i have the fox length but with sn95 ball joints. but i can't find and real specs.

LMR does mention this on the lmr website.
"The MU3 control arms were designed to re position the front wheel rearward in the wheel well when using SN95 spindles on a non SVO car."

I'm just not sure why you would move the wheel back when not changing kmember. Do the sn95 spindles change the wheelbase.

my thoughts are to purchase non-offset control arms instead or maybey positive?

tnx

I looked through QA1's website and didn't see that they offered any more than a single offset for a street and Race control arm. I assume you have the Race arms for Sn95 spindles.

Since you have coil-overs, any chance you have the arms on the wrong sides?

i pretty sure the arms ore on the right side the sway bar bracket is facing towards the front and the mount pocket is pointing upwards

i have the
1979-93 MUSTANG ECO-COMP TUBULAR FRONT A-ARMS W/ SN95 SUSPENSION

not a lot of info on offset or length info on QA1 website too!

Yes i called them and the guy wasn't able to clarify if they had an option for stock wheelbase. I thing i'm going to have to try another supplier. i'll be doing more homework on this one before purchasing.
I feel like Maximum Motorsports offers the most options just need to select to one i need.
hopefully my trackwidth won't change as i like that

I got to thinking about the wording they used...

1979-93 MUSTANG ECO-COMP TUBULAR FRONT A-ARMS W/ SN95 SUSPENSION

I wonder if these arms are intended if you are using an SN95 crossmember. I am not sure, but do these cross members move the mount points forward compared to a fox?

I think your track width is okay because these might be same length as OEM fox, just and offset rearward built into them. Easiest way to check would be pull one off and compare to OEM arm. Align the mount bushings and see how the ball joints line up.

Control arm length is easy to measure on the vehicle. Measure from the line through the control arm mounts to the center of ball joint. OEM '91 Fox is 13", SN-95 is 13.75".

Cool thanks for the measurements i'll be able to use those. i have installed the front wheels temporarily so i can work on the rear. Comparing old vs new control arms was my plan (i did save the old ones for that reason) also i can compare to determine if the new replacement works. Also i do believe the 94+ k member moves the wheels rearward.

What do you mean stretched back, they should basically line up with the sway bar so that the links are essentially vertical.

Any pics of wheel in fender well and/or of control arm from underneath or on the ground?

Here are a couple of pics of my set up. I took them when I was test fitting my 5-lug wheels. Spindles are from an '01 with OEM fox control arms and K-member. Sway bar links are shown when car is unloaded. Will settle near vertical when on the ground. Second pic shows tire in the wheel well.

IMG_1405.JPG IMG_1402.JPG