FRPP Borla Stingers Installed! Few questions.

axtran

Mar 22, 2008
I installed them!! sounds awesome. However, my only concern is that in order to get the clamps holding tightly to the muffler and pipe I had to put them a tad over where the guide notch is (the little bolt looking thing on the exhaust pipe to guide how far the muffler sits on). Will this become an issue in the future? or is it fine as long as it is snug, tight, and not leaking?

• Sponsors (?)

Ok so I tried to realign my left muffler and due to the different muffler support it is a little shifted...

I don't mind it for now, as I was thinking about adding the Brenspeed X-Pipe converter to get "catted x-pipes" and was wondering if it was a good idea to just have a muffler shop weld everything (as opposed to bolt-on and clamp) in order to get things aligned and proof from leaking? :nice:

was wondering if it was a good idea to just have a muffler shop weld everything (as opposed to bolt-on and clamp) in order to get things aligned and proof from leaking? :nice:

Welding does ensure you won't have leaks, but if you need to remove parts of the exhaust for any reason you won't be able to unless you cut the pipes. Honestly, I've had mufflers and other exhaust parts on my car for over a year with clamps and no exhaust leaks to date.