FS: 1989 Saleen Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT 4/14/2012: SOLD!

EDIT 8/31/2009: Additional Pictures Added

For Sale: 1989 Saleen Mustang #0245. 5.0L V8, 5-speed, black with gray graphics, one of 21 with these options in 1989. Car is in really good shape and comes with all of the Saleen parts (Flofit seats, shift knob, gauges, plaques, wheels) that were standard on the Saleens in 1989. Car was signed by Steve Saleen on the dash. I have owned the car for almost 6 years and it has been in the garage under a cover for 99.9% of that time. I have put less than 2000 miles on the car during this time. The car was in stock form (although I believe it had been supercharged before I owned it) when I purchased it, so all of the modifications have all been done by me. The car was repainted before I purchased it, and the paint is in excellent condition. The interior is in great shape with exception of the stitching coming apart on the passenger seat near the track (see picture). It is low enough that it is not casually noticeable. I am gone a lot, and the car always starts right up after 2 or 3 months in the garage. Below is a list of modifications:

Engine:
D.S.S Racing Pro-Bullet Shortblock
-Balanced/Blueprinted
-7-Quart Oil Pan
Edelbrock Performer Aluminum cylinder heads
MSD billet distributor
AC Delete

Exhaust:
BBK ceramic coated long-tube headers
Dr. Gas X-Pipe (welded)
2-Chamber flowmaster cat-back

Air/Fuel:
Ford Motorsports Cobra intake manifold
Ford Motorsports 24lb injectors
Pro-M MAF
BBK adjustable fuel pressure regulator
C&L Intake Pipe (powder coated to match valve covers)
255lph in-tank fuel pump
70mm throttle body

Gauges:
Autometer water temperature gauge
Autometer electric oil pressure gauge

Drivetrain:
Ford Motorsports aluminum driveshaft
Pro-5.0 shifter
3.73 differential gearing
21 tooth speedometer offset gear (not installed)
Centerforce Dual-Friction clutch

Wheels:
1999 SVT Cobra Wheels (on car)
1989 Saleen Wheels (off car)

Suspension:
Racecraft Saleen suspension
Maximum Motorsports strut tower brace
Maximum Motorsports upper rear control arm bushings

Cooling:
Griffin Aluminum radiator

Electrical
3G Alternator
I replaced the wiring harness last year to remove all of the electrical modifications done by previous owners. The wiring harness is completely stock.

Parts that are not on the car, but are included with the sale are:
-Stock Saleen Wheels
-Speedometer gear for 3.73 gears
-Heater line mounting connector for Autometer Temp gauge.

The Bads:

The only problem with the car right now is that it tends to get pretty hot (210-220F) after it has been driven for a while. I have never had it overheat, but as a precaution, I have kept my recent drives short. I don’t have time to fix the problem so the car is being sold as-is, with the buyer aware of the problem.

The car is located in Richland, WA. I can answer questions or get pictures of anything, so PM me with requests. Serious inquiries only, please.

Price is firm at $11,500.

Pictures to follow:

• Sponsors (?)

DSC01408.jpg

Saleen-1.jpg

100_4737.jpg

100_4740.jpg

SteeringWheel.jpg

DriversSeat.jpg

Hey Guys,

I have decided to put the car back up for sale. The car is still located in Richland, WA. There have been a few minor changes to the car/sale since I last posted it a year and half ago:

1. The cooling problem was taken care of with a Black Magic electric fan and new head gaskets. The fan is controlled by both a fan mounted-thermostat and a toggle in the cabin. Pictures of the fan are posted below.

2. The sale no longer includes the original Saleen wheels, just the 99' SVT wheels that are on the car.

Still looking to get $11,500. I would love to see this car go to a Mustang enthusiast. Shoot me a PM if you have questions or would like more information. Thanks!

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.