FS: 1993 LX 5.0 347 stroker reef blue/black int.

Status
Not open for further replies.

87nitemare

Dec 17, 2004
SOLD

Late build 1993 true original 5.0 Mustang. The current mileage is 77,721. It’s reef blue with the sought after full black interior. I purchased this car from a corral.com member back in Sept. 11, 2006 with only 75,344. Unfortunately due to me joining the Air Force and planning on going to Germany, I need to sell it. As you can see I have had this car for 3 ½ years and only put 2300 miles on it. It mainly sits in my garage. I have put a fortune in parts and upgrades since I bought the car. It has a fresh 347 (less than 1500 miles) motor and it put down 373whp/382wtq, with a very safe tune and only 50 miles on the motor. Tuners Inc. Tony Gonyon who is famous for the first GTTT tuning here in Jacksonville, FL is well known in the Mustang/Ford tuning scene, installed an SCT chip with the tune. He says there is a ton more left in this car and should make 420-440whp with a few different parts and new tune. This is a solid car and I hate to see it go there is no rust anywhere. Like I said it has 77,721 original miles and has never been in any type of wreck/flood/theft the clean Carfax is below. This car should go low 11’s easy with this setup and possibly high 10’s if a few things are changed. The car weighs 2920# with a ½ tank of gas and no driver. I bought the car to have fun on the streets which it is, and it’s so nice to pull up to any gas station and fill up with 93 octane (10.7:1 comp ratio). It’s made for the street with the current suspension setup and handles awesome for a Foxbody. The underside, interior, and motor look amazing. Everyone that has seen the car thinks it looks, sounds, and runs amazing.

If I was to keep the car, the only thing I'd do is a touchup paint job. The paint as you can see shines up really well when waxed. The only problems are the two chipped areas on the front bumper and couple chips on the hood. You should be able to get these touched up for cheap vice painting the whole car. I just clayed and waxed the car real good the other week. I don’t have a buffer but if someone was to re-wax it with an orbital buffer the paint will look even better. Everyone I tell that the car needs a paint job thinks I'm crazy. They say the paint is good by looking at it. They say just get the front bumper and hood touched up and have a good detailer with a buffer make the paint look perfect. I would say 95% of people would look at it and have no issues at all with the paint, like I said except for the two areas I pointed out as you can see in the pictures. The body is straight as an arrow; at 150+mph the car is smooth as a whistle. The interior and engine bay is a different story compared to the paint they are perfect, as you can see in the pictures.

The heater core is bypassed due to one of the heater tubes coming out of the heater core through the firewall breaking. Don’t worry it didn’t break with fluid in it and driving it broke while pulling the motor out of the car when I did the 347 rebuild. I just replaced the electric motor for the Black Magic Extreme electric fan today due to the old motor acting up after 5 minutes of running. So I could only take the car around the block before the fan would stop working. After I replaced the fan motor today I took the wife out to dinner in the car down to St. Augustine for a 96 mile round trip. While driving down I95 cruising at 80mph the temperature stayed at a solid 185 degrees. Putting around downtown St. Augustine traffic the temp stayed at a solid 190 degrees in 80 degree weather. The car performed flawlessly and wouldn't hesitate to drive it on a 300 mile trip. While at a red light in St. Augustine a guy in a GTO pulled up next to me and asked if I had a big block in the car. When we parked the car a couple teen age kids riding BMX bikes rode by and said "Man that thing sounds nasty I bet it's really fast?!?" Words can't describe how awesome this thing sounds in person....especially in full swing under load!!

Vin: 1FACP40E7PF194051

Title is in my hand.

Carfax: Very end of listing.

Here is the specifics on the car:

MOTOR
-Original 1993 302 roller block, cryogenically hardened block and main caps, and fully machined (tq plate honed, line bored, decked, stroker clearanced, everything)
-Billet main girdle with ARP studs throughout
-ARP rod bolts
-Eagle stroker kit, forged 4340 crank, forged 4340 H-beam rods, Probe SRS 12348-030 forged pistons, 10.7:1 compression ratio
-Entire rotating assembly was balanced to the TFS harmonic damper and RAM billet steel flywheel
-Trick Flow high port heads Stage III ported by Ed Curtis intake side takes TFS-2855 2.25”x1.4” gaskets
-Ferrea 2.08”/1.60” stainless steel intake/exhaust valves
-Hardened spring locators, Comp Cams chromoly retainers, PS4 dual valve springs, Chromoly machined valve locks, Viton valve seals
-Parts and port work labor on heads and intake alone was $2100.
-ARP 7/16” head stud kit
-Comp Cams custom Ed Curtis ground cam. 0.600ish lift, 240ish, duration, 110 LSA. Cam card with full specs will be given to buyer.
-Harland Sharp 1.6 roller rockers with hardened guide plates
-TFS 5/16” diameter chromoly hardened 6.200” length .080” wall push rods
-ARP rocker studs
-Comp Cams High Energy hyd. roller lifters
-Cloyes Billet double roller timing chain set
-Trick Flow 28oz harmonic damper
-FelPro 1011-2 head gaskets
-Holley Systemax intake system. Lower is heavily modified Stage III port matched to heads. Upper is port matched to lower and throttle body side is ported out to a 80mm throttle body size.
-BBK 75 mm tb w/ EGR delete plate
-AFM 3 ½” power pipe
-Pro-M 80 "shorty" air meter
-10” K&N cone air filter
-1" upper/lower intake spacer
-FMS underdrive pulley kit
-Mallory adjustable fuel pressure gauge
-255lph in-tank pump
-New fuel filter
-AC delete kit
-Upper/Lower intake is powder coated hyper silver
-Valve covers are powder coated hyper silver
-Everything else in engine bay is spray painted silver (power steering bracket, alt bracket, water pump, throttle body)

Cooling
-Afco high performance aluminum radiator ($430)
-Black Magic Extreme 3300cfm electric fan
-PRW high flow mechanical water pump
-180 degree fail safe thermostat

Transmission
-Tremec TKO
-Stage III double sided ceramic clutch 550ft. lbs. holding capacity
-Pro 5.0 shifter
-Maximum Motorsports clutch cable, aluminum quadrant, and firewall adjuster kit
-GM synchromesh oil
-RAM 157 tooth 28oz billet steel flywheel
-Black shifter knob
-FMS aluminum driveshaft
-Driveshaft safety loop

Rear Axle
-FMS 3.73 gears
-Auburn Pro Series 31 spline limited slip differential
-Strange SS 31 spline c-clip eliminator axles
-Summit Racing aluminum differential cover/stud girdle
-3" hardened race wheel studs
-Fully welded axle tubes
-Red Line oil
-Rear end can hold 800ft. lbs. torque

Ignition/Electronics
-130amp 3G alternator
-30# Accel injectors
-MSD distributor cap/rotor
-MSD Blaster TFI ignition coil
-Taylor Spiral Pro 8mm plug wires
-Autolite 3924 plugs
-MSD 6A ignition
-SCT 6600 flash chip
-1 wire hi-torque 4.40:1 mini starter
-Autocraft Titanium 1000cranking 800cold cranking amp battery. Build date 6/09
-Flaming river battery cut off switch
-Taylor trunk mount battery relocation kit (mounted on passenger side)

Exhaust
-MAC 1 ¾” longtube headers w/ 3” collectors
-MAC 2 ½” H pipe (offroad) - new O2 sensors
-MAC 2 ½” flow tubes
-Spintech Pro-Streets 2 ½” dumped before rear axle

SUSPENSION
-Eibach pro kit springs
-New spring rubbers
-UPR adjustable upper control arms
-Granatelli "weight jacker" lower control arms
-KYB GR2 Front struts and rear KYB Gas-a-Just shocks
-Maximum Motorsports adjustable caster/camber plates
-Stock rear sway bar
-Steeda front sway bar with new poly bushings & end links
-Subframe connector

INTERIOR - all brand new stuff cost over $2000!
-Corbeau A4 (black) seats w/ sliding and reclining capability (they looked faded in the pictures b/c of the sun but trust me they are not faded at all this car is garage kept)
-Rear seat delete (carpeted black)
-Black carpet kit
-Black head liner kit
-Autopower 4 point with crossbrace roll cage - covered in protective padding
-Autometer oil pressure and coolant temperature gauges
-Autometer 5" monster tach w/ shift light
-Black shift knob
-Billet boot ring and billet emergency brake handle
-Stereo delete plate
-New auto locking actuators
-New door pin kit
-Cobra floormats
-New rubber pedal pads
-Billet cooling controls
-The stock stereo wiring harness is not cut or mangled and is safely tucked behind the stereo delete plate. Also, all stock speakers are in place.
-Power windows, locks, and mirrors

Wheels/Tires
-Brand new 16" pony wheels (zero marks)
-Front tires new BFG Comp T/A 245/45ZR16
-Rear tires new BFG Comp T/A 245/45ZR16
-Rear center caps are removed due to the long 3” wheel studs preventing the caps to seat on. You can buy wheel hub centric spacers to fix the problem if you want, it never bothered me though.

Other
-Brand new front clear headlight and corner lenses (no amber)
-Brand new rear tail lights without the ugly amber
-4" Cervini fiberglass hood
-Stainless steel hood pin kit
-Brand new front rotors, bearings, and brake pads
-Professionally rolled and slightly flared rear fenders. You can fit some 315’s if you wanted.
-Professionally tinted all 5 windows @15%

Extras
-Pair of 15x8” Weld Draglites
-Pair of RCI 5-point racing harnesses
-Brand new pair of Fel-Pro 1011-2 head gaskets
-Actron CP9015 OBD-1 code scanner w/ booklet
-HJC black helmet
-New spare stainless steel hood pin kit

As you can see a lot of time and effort was put into this car and not a penny was spared on parts I only installed the best. I have a ½” thick binder with all receipts, cam card, dyno graph, and miscellaneous paperwork to go with the car. Pretty much everything on the car is 3 years old or less and has less than 2300 miles on it. The car has been stored in my garage from day one and has been that way with the previous owners as well. I have never had this in the rain the last 3 ½ years of ownership.

With a few minor mod changes and new tune I’m confident the car should make 420-440whp i.e. 4” AFM power pipe, 90mm LMAF, 80mm Accufab Race throttle body, 1 7/8” headers with true 3” collector flange, or stepped Kooks headers, full 3” exhaust, and new tune. It just needs the intake track and exhaust track opened up a little more to take advantage of the 347, stage III heads, and big cam.

I love this car and hate to see it go but I just got out of the Navy after 8 years active duty and now I’m about to come into the Air Force active duty. After my 8 months of schooling I plan on being stationed in Germany, with my family, so it’s not economical at this point to keep it. I don’t have to sell it I’m not in a financial dilemma that requires me to sell it. At this point I have until December to get rid of the car. So don’t think about low ball offers!! Also, I’m not looking for any type of trade. This car is well worth my asking price if you add up every last dollar in the car (not including the car itself) it probably doubles my asking price.

I am willing to ship the car at the buyer’s expense. Shipping normally runs anywhere from $400-1200 depending how far you are from my zip 32226.
p1020032f.jpg

p1020034.jpg

p1020037u.jpg

p1020041q.jpg

p1020042t.jpg

p1020029.jpg

p1020024.jpg

p1020026mg.jpg

p1020041q.jpg

p1020015gd.jpg

img0669zj.jpg

p1020049w.jpg

p1020029.jpg

p1020047x.jpg

p1020051h.jpg

p1020057a.jpg

p1020060b.jpg

p1020061.jpg

p1020063xj.jpg

img0613y.jpg

$9000 FIRM

I also have it listed on Ebay (with bigger and better quality pictures) and will end the auction to a fellow Stangnet.com member:

Ebay Item# 150438214460

PM or email me at [email protected]

Or call me at 904-874-1197

Thanks,
Nick

Carfax report:

Vehicle Information: 1993 FORD MUSTANG LX
VIN: 1FACP40E7PF194051
SEDAN 2 DR.
5.0L V8 SFI
REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Standard Equipment | Safety Options
No accident / damage reported to CARFAX
1 Service record available
7 Detailed records available
Last reported odometer reading
This CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX and available as of 3/01/10. Other
information about this vehicle, including problems, may not have been reported to CARFAX. Use this report as one important tool,
along with a vehicle inspection and test drive, to make a better decision about your next used car.
Title History
CARFAX guarantees the information in this section
Summary
Salvage | Junk | Rebuilt | Fire | Flood | Hail | Lemon
Guaranteed
No Problem
Not Actual Mileage | Exceeds Mechanical Limits
Guaranteed
No Problem
vehicle back. Register | View Terms
Additional History
Not all accidents / issues are reported to CARFAX
Summary
Total Loss
No total loss reported to CARFAX.
No Issues Reported
Structural / Frame Damage
No structural / frame damage reported to CARFAX.
No Issues Reported
Airbag Deployment
No airbag deployment reported to CARFAX.
No Issues Reported
Odometer Rollback
No indication of an odometer rollback.
No Issues Indicated
Accident / Damage
No accidents or damage reported to CARFAX.
No Issues Reported
Manufacturer Recall
A current list of recalls is available at Ford Motor Company
No Recalls Reported
Glossary
Detailed History
Date:
Mileage:
Source:
Comments:
06/04/1993
NICB
Vehicle manufactured
and shipped to original dealer
10/09/1993
38 Indiana
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Madison, IN
Title #93087212011
Title issued or updated
First owner reported
04/15/1996
14,974 Indiana
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Madison, IN
Title #96087057053
Title issued or updated
Loan or lien reported
12/31/1996
20,010 Craig Buick Pontiac GMC Toyota
Madison, IN
Oil and filter changed chassis lubricated
09/20/2004
73,010 Indiana
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Madison, IN
Title #04087175005
Title issued or updated
New owner reported
05/20/2006
Indiana
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Scottsburg, IN
Title #06429080051
Title issued or updated
New owner reported
09/28/2006
75,344 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Jacksonville, FL
Title #0096803063
Title issued or updated
New owner reported

The last record reported to CARFAX is from September 2006.
While there haven't been any DMV-reported problems,
check with the seller to see if they have any service and
repair records before you buy.

SmartBuyer Checklist - I've created a checklistof specific
questions for you to ask the seller about this 1993 Ford
Mustang LX.
View Full Glossary
Glossary
First Owner
When the first owner(s) obtains a title from a Department of Motor Vehicles as proof of ownership.
Ford or Lincoln Mercury Recall
The Ford Motor Company provides Carfax with recall information regarding safety, compliance and emissions programs announced
since 2000 for a specific vehicle. For complete information regarding programs or concerns about this vehicle, please contact a
localFord or Lincoln Mercury Dealer.
New Owner Reported
When a vehicle is sold to a new owner, the Title must be transferred to the new owner(s) at a Department of Motor Vehicles.
Ownership History
CARFAX defines an owner as an individual or business that possesses and uses a vehicle. Not all title transactions represent changes in
ownership. To provide estimated number of owners, CARFAX proprietary technology analyzes all the events in a vehicle history.
Estimated ownership is available for vehicles manufactured after 1994 and titled solely in the US including Puerto Rico. Dealers
sometimes opt to take ownership of a vehicle and are required to in the following states: Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Ohio,
Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and South Dakota. Please consider this as you review a vehicle's estimated ownership history.
Title Issued
A state issues a title to provide a vehicle owner with proof of ownership. Each title has a unique number. Each title or registration
record on a CARFAX report does not necessarily indicate a change in ownership. In Canada, a registration and bill of sale are used as
proof of ownership.
CARFAX DEPENDS ON ITS SOURCES FOR THE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF ITS INFORMATION. THEREFORE, NO
RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED BY CARFAX OR ITS AGENTS FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS REPORT. CARFAX

• Sponsors (?)

Videos:

idle and some revs:
YouTube - 1993 347 stroker Mustang

dyno:

few days ago idle and some revs:

this morning walk around (camera microphone is crappy so the audio isn't that great in the garage):

img0486ko.jpg

img0489qc.jpg

p1020018ej.jpg

p1020019h.jpg

img0482kf.jpg

img0463n.jpg

img0460m.jpg

p1020014h.jpg

p1020013g.jpg

p1020043.jpg

My reserve was not met on Ebay I am thinking about putting this back on Ebay this weekend (Sunday night) unless a StangNet member gives me their $9000 FIRM.

This is an extremely clean car...interior, engine bay, undercarriage,and trunk are flawlessly clean.

One of the best color combos out there....lot's of potential with a few mods!

$9000 FIRM. Trust me this car is extremely clean, fast, reliable, and not some hack job only the best was used.

Thanks,
Nick

Only two hours left!!

Well it didn't sell so it's back up:

Ebay item #: 150425892357 (I tried posting the link but it doesn't work.)

My offer still stands for any StangNet member!

Update: Just ordered the Flex-A-Lite #30195 replacement motor from Summit. Should be here Mon. or Tues. I'll update after it's installed and take the car for a nice long cruise.

I will also pull it out this weekend and take pictures of the underside.

Just replaced the electric fan motor today and took the car on a 96 mile round trip to St. Augustine, FL and back home. The car performed flawlessly and the temperature was 185 on the highway and 190 in town stop and go traffic!!

When we got back it was already dark so I could take pictures of the underneath but I'll pull it back out tomorrow so I can.

I would take the car on a 300 mile trip and not think twice about it!!

Read the original post for updated information.

Thanks,

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.