Expired Fs: Gt500 Rear Sway Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
OEM 2007-2009 Shelby Mustang GT500 Sway Bar in excellent used condition. It is a solid 24mm diameter bar. For comparison, the stock GT coupe bar is only 20mm and the convertible has an 18mm. This is a cheap, easy way to drastically improve the handling of your Mustang and firm up the ride. Links and bushings are included so it's ready to bolt-on any 2005-2009 Mustang, not sure about '10 and '11. Only reason for selling is because I upgraded again to a set of front and rear adjustable bars. Not interested in shipping at this time, but I would be willing to bring it to Carlisle with me this Saturday. $100 local pick-up near Monroeville, PA or meet up in Carlisle.

gt500swaybar.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Just spit-balling here but... Changing just the rear sway bar without the equivalent front sway bar can cause odd things to happen. What I mean is, your target buyer might be kind of hard to find. You need to find that one person who has a GT500 with a broken rear sway bar.

Just spit-balling here but... Changing just the rear sway bar without the equivalent front sway bar can cause odd things to happen. What I mean is, your target buyer might be kind of hard to find. You need to find that one person who has a GT500 with a broken rear sway bar.

Not to disagree, because there are plenty of instances when this definitely is the case, but there are plenty of examples out there using the GT500 rear bar on GTs with positive results. Personally, I autocrossed this GT500 rear bar with a stock front bar, Steeda Ultralites, Koni Sports, and Hankook RS-3s on my car for two seasons and had excellent results. Like my original post says, I only removed it because I got a good deal on adjustables and wanted to do more tweaking.

Another thing to keep in mind is that these cars are sent to the dealership with the intention of being sold to anybody. Being a mass-produced vehicle, Ford errs on the side of caution and puts a pair of anti-roll bars on with a difference in spring rates that favors understeer, so there's some room to work with. Oversteer in the hands of someone not acclimated to performance driving is a dangerous thing but, in the right hands, it can be a key to a more enjoyable driving experience.

Not to disagree, because there are plenty of instances when this definitely is the case, but there are plenty of examples out there using the GT500 rear bar on GTs with positive results. Personally, I autocrossed this GT500 rear bar with a stock front bar, Steeda Ultralites, Koni Sports, and Hankook RS-3s on my car for two seasons and had excellent results. Like my original post says, I only removed it because I got a good deal on adjustables and wanted to do more tweaking.

Another thing to keep in mind is that these cars are sent to the dealership with the intention of being sold to anybody. Being a mass-produced vehicle, Ford errs on the side of caution and puts a pair of anti-roll bars on with a difference in spring rates that favors understeer, so there's some room to work with. Oversteer in the hands of someone not acclimated to performance driving is a dangerous thing but, in the right hands, it can be a key to a more enjoyable driving experience.

Good stuff. That should at minimum, answer the same question that a perspective buyer might have rolling around in his head.

Good luck with your sale. :nice:

Status
Not open for further replies.