Fuel burning rich on DOHC swap

kirk69

Dec 31, 2008
Hey there. Does anyone have anything for me? I swapped my SOHC in my 2000 GT auto, to a 2001 DOHC Cobra 5 speed, now it smokes after car is warmed up. It smells like it is burning really rich. I had a shop set up my Excalibrator 2 to turn off back O2 sensors, but it still does it. After I rev up the engine it takes a few seconds for it to idle be to normal. It idles back to about 1100 RPM before returning to normal after a few seconds. Is it maybe the front O2 sensors, or is there something else causing this? I would really appreciate some help with this. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i know a guy in our local club that did the aviator 4v swap and he did all the wiring himself and finally got it right. i will let him know if you can pm me a cell number i can get you in touch. he had the same problem.

I swapped out all wiring plus the computer. I have a MAC prochamber on it from the SOHC engine. I change almost every sensor involved with the fuel system, but it still smokes. The donar car was still running when I bought the motor, and it wasn't smoking or running rich before it was taken out of the Cobra. The car still runs very strong, but puffs out smoke after it is warmed up.

so you changed the maf sensor also if you are using the cobra injectors you have to use the maf that is calibrated for those. if you are then look for vacuum leaks. did you have a returnless fuel system on your car before and now.

It has the stock computer with a stock tune except for aft O2's are shut off and traction contol is off with 3.73 gears. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge. I guess I should invest in one. Oh yeah, no codes on computer.