Fuel coming from exhaust

Seems the previous owner didn't know how to fix anything properly.
So I talked to the owner who had the car BEFORE the guy I bought it from. He says the car has a trick flow stage 2 cam, and everything else is stock as far as he knows. The engine makes a pretty loud ticking noise, and he said it’s the cam bearings. He didn’t cut the AC lines, that was someone else. Still pretty cool that I found one of the owners and was nice enough to tell me about the car.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

So I talked to the owner who had the car BEFORE the guy I bought it from. He says the car has a trick flow stage 2 cam, and everything else is stock as far as he knows. The engine makes a pretty loud ticking noise, and he said it’s the cam bearings. He didn’t cut the AC lines, that was someone else. Still pretty cool that I found one of the owners and was nice enough to tell me about the car.

OMG. There is a distinct possibility you are in for a world of hurt. Not only is there absolutely no reason to put a TF2 cam in a stock engine, the whole stock valve train is not designed to handle that amount of lift. If you suspect there is in fact a TF2 cam in there, that engine needs to come apart. That cam has to come out, and you are likely going to find broken stuff in there. Pull a valve cover and measure the cam lift from the rocker.

The EGR is likely just a clogged EGR. They go bad over time.

Kurt

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
What in the :leghump:.

There’s a few things that can cause ticking noises, and a cam bearing ain’t one of them. This car sounds like a basket case. Honestly I would find a good donor car with wiring harness and replace what the previous people butchered. Even your damn tach don’t work.

What in the :leghump:.

There’s a few things that can cause ticking noises, and a cam bearing ain’t one of them. This car sounds like a basket case. Honestly I would find a good donor car with wiring harness and replace what the previous people butchered. Even your damn tach don’t work.

Settle down, it can be fixed. Just have to put things in perspective. The OP is 19 years old, and I have owned my current Mustang for 21 years. The car is running, just not well.

Kurt

Settle down, it can be fixed. Just have to put things in perspective. The OP is 19 years old, and I have owned my current Mustang for 21 years. The car is running, just not well.

Kurt
A complete harness for a 94/95 can be picked up for less than $125. It’s what I would recommend doing instead of fiddling around with someone else’s problems.

At 19 years old, it’s much easier just replace the whole thing as opposed to trace and figure out what’s been hacked.

• Agree
In all honesty I really like the new edge body styles better, and I might try and get one. I might have someone who’s interested in buying the car. I don’t know if I want to keep working on this car. I really like it and having something to tinker with, but I’m still not sure

In all honesty I really like the new edge body styles better, and I might try and get one. I might have someone who’s interested in buying the car. I don’t know if I want to keep working on this car. I really like it and having something to tinker with, but I’m still not sure

If there's an opportunity to sell that car, let it go. Sounds like someone who didn't know what they were doing messed it up. Too much headache.

Kurt

• Agree