fuel gauge quit working

Night Shifter

Dec 24, 2005
Daytona
ok so yesterday i took the car out for the first time in a while and drove it to work. when i got to work i had 1/4 tank.. when i started the car to leave it showed over 1/2 tank...but as i drove it went down and when i got home it was in between 0 and 1/4..

this morning i put just $15 in gas in it just to get to and from work..started the car after the fill up and the hand never moved. my first thought is the sending unit.

the thing that i am worried about is that i just moved a bunch of wires into the fender and was thinking maybe i effed something up...what other things can cause the fuel gauge to quit working other than the sending unit?

the wires i moved came from inside the fender well that goes to the MAF and IAT and i put the relay(or whatever it is) on the strut tower into the fender. they all run under the bracket that the CCRM is bolted to... i did not cut or splice anything cause the harness is long enough to reroute that way..

do any of those wires affect that gauge? i can post pics when i get home to show you which wires were moved if needed..

thanks in advance guys :nice:

• Sponsors (?)