Fuel injector won’t stop leaking!!!

I recently all the pintle caps and o rings on all 8 of my injectors when I was swapping them from a dorman intake to a Ford one,
And ever since I’ve swapped them I CANNOT get the 3rd one from the front on the driver side to stop leaking. It starts pooling up in the bottom where the injector meets the manifold. I’ve swapped the o rings once already to see if maybe there was just something wrong with the other ones and it’s still leaking. What’s the deal?

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

The only thing I can think of right off; is to swap leaking injector with another to see of leak follows swap.
I did that the other day actually I just haven’t driven it yet because it kind of worries me. It doesn’t seem to run any different at all whatsoever once it starts leaking which doesn’t really make sense to me so it can be hard to tell when it’s starts leaking.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Well just an update, after I switched them it continued to leak and pool up In the intake port, the same one as before but different injector. So I guess there is an issue with the intake? Or maybe the fuel rail got slightly warped somehow. I guess I’m going to try to get some bigger o rings and see if that does it.

Look deep into the port with good lighting and magnifying glass to make sure no debris causing a leak at injector to port seal. I know you probably already looked but I would look again since you are going to have injector out again. Thanks for your consideration.

Look deep into the port with good lighting and magnifying glass to make sure no debris causing a leak at injector to port seal. I know you probably already looked but I would look again since you are going to have injector out again. Thanks for your consideration.
Well it turns out the tab on the front of the fuel rail was bent pretty good, so that it was twisting the fuel rail up. ( I checked with a magnifying glass and couldn’t see anything abnormal in the port)do you think that could cause it to leak because it wasn’t keeping pressure on it?

You have detected a defective fuel rail and have a leak. I would adjust the fuel rail if possible or replace it. It is a mystery why only the 3rd one from the front on the driver side is leaking; but you need to fix the most obvious defect to eliminate it being the possible cause of leaking fuel issue.
There might be a you tube video out there to give a summary how to do it yourself.

Just found these old posts concerning loose fuel rail (leak) and: Using a very thin layer of dielectric grease on the new o-rings prior to installation. Also different size o-rings available?

Could it be an old pintle or (part of) an o-ring? Essentially not allowing new injector to seat properly.
I inspected all the intake holes when I took it out of the box ( bought it new) everything looked okay. All the pintle caps and o rings were new. And I inspected all of them before installation(I made sure to lube them) Im
Hoping it was just because of the bent tabs. I’ll post an update after I drive it.

Just found these old posts concerning loose fuel rail (leak) and: Using a very thin layer of dielectric grease on the new o-rings prior to installation. Also different size o-rings available?
Oh wow thanks! Somehow I never came across those. Unfortunately I don’t have access to bigger o rings right now. So if fixing the bent rail doesn’t end up fixing it, I’ll be picking some different ones up.

• Winner
Oh wow thanks! Somehow I never came across those. Unfortunately I don’t have access to bigger o rings right now. So if fixing the bent rail doesn’t end up fixing it, I’ll be picking some different ones up.
So I’ve driven about 100 miles since bending the fuel rail tabs back, and no leaks at all so far. But I think I’ll need to drive 100 more or so before I’ll be convinced that the problem is solved. Thanks guys :rock: