fuel line help please for my Bronco with a built 331

bcmbcmbcm

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jan 29, 2003
Hello all,

I NEED HELP!!!!

I am trying to hook up a fuel line in my ’89 Bronco, and I am almost there….here is the deal.

I need to connect the fuel filter to the aftermarket fuel rail

Here is the problem.

Accel Fuel pressure regulator has a –8AN fitting, and the fuel filter has a male fitting (not sure what this is called, but the fuel hose slips over it and clips down. Is this called a ‘duckbill’ fitting)

The fuel hose I am trying to replace has the correct female fitting
to connect to the fuel filter, BUT it has a male springlock connector on it. (though is it really a ‘male’ springlock fitting? I already have one of these..it looks male but is listed female…

Russell Performance 640903 - Russell Fuel Rail Fitting Adapters)

So I guess I have two questions, 1, how do I make a hose with the fewest number of fittings , and 2, how can I make the factory fuel line work?

Regarding #1, wouldn’t I need a female ‘duckbill’ to connect to the fuel filter, some braided hose, and a –8AN fitting to connect to the FPR? WHERE DO I BUY A FEMALE DUCKBILL???

Regarding #2, how can I adapt the male springlock from the factory fuel hose to the –8AN on the FPR? Wouldn’t I need a female springlock? And where can I buy it?

Please help…this project has been in the works for years and will finally run with the correct fuel line!

• Sponsors (?)