Fuel Line Help!

Shakerhood

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 28, 2004
Ohio
Long Story Short, my 92 GT fell off a jack today and smashed my fuel lines, D'oh! Any ideas if they make a direct replacement, or is there any aftermarket ready kits to fit new fuel lines to a Stang? Any help is greatly appreciated as this really sucks!

• Sponsors (?)

Well the crown of my jack got to it, it slipped off my SFC and right into the fuel lines. It seems hard to think I could cut and splice a section, it seems more like the entire run is going to have to be replaced. Thank You for the Link!

If you remove the line and flare it with a 37 degree hydraulic flare, you can splice the line as good as new. The 37 degree flare is the same flare angle as the AN fittings. Slide the flare nut, and then the flare cup on the line and flare away. Don't try to cheat and use a 45* automotive flare tool, you'll get leaks.

Any shop that makes hydraulic lines can flare the tubing and provide the fittings for a small price if you don't have access to the proper tools. I would estimate less than $15 for the fittings and flaring as long as you don't have to splice an extra piece of tubing it to replace the damaged section.

This is the same style fittings used on aircraft, so they are definitely reliable and leakproof when done correctly.

jrichker said:
If you remove the line and flare it with a 37 degree hydraulic flare, you can splice the line as good as new. The 37 degree flare is the same flare angle as the AN fittings. Slide the flare nut, and then the flare cup on the line and flare away. Don't try to cheat and use a 45* automotive flare tool, you'll get leaks.

Any shop that makes hydraulic lines can flare the tubing and provide the fittings for a small price if you don't have access to the proper tools. I would estimate less than $15 for the fittings and flaring as long as you don't have to splice an extra piece of tubing it to replace the damaged section.

This is the same style fittings used on aircraft, so they are definitely reliable and leakproof when done correctly.

I have considered this method too, but the only thing that bothers me is the nuts from the flared section would rub on the subframe of the car.