Fuel Line Help

HTXFOXBODY

Aug 24, 2020
Texas
I just bought a 93 GT that had sat for a few years(2-4 years).

Exceptionally good condition.

It runs if you spray starting fluid or fuel into the intake. However it wont pump fuel.

I dropped fuel tank which is full of gunk. Going to replace the tank, pump, sending unit, everything.

I think the hard fuel lines along the rails are fine, I was going to blow them through with wads and compressed air to see how clean the wads come out.

New hard lines are expensive! Does anyone know a cheap source for them?

But what about the jumper lines? the lines between the tank and fuel filter on the supply side and the line between the tank and return hard line on the return side, Where can I find those? Rock auto has nothing.

Is there a better solution out there? Going all braided with AN fittings?

Pictures are inside of fuel tank along with the jumper lines Im trying to replace.

Attachments

• jumper line.JPG
    jumper line.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 174
  • tank 1.jpg
    tank 1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 170
  • tank 2.JPG
    tank 2.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 162
  • Sponsors (?)

For the replacement of the parts you are looking for you might look at;

LMR or NPD

For the lines from the fuel Pick-up to the fuel filter they make repros but are not the same as factory. For those you might source from eBay or a Mustang specific place like MPS Auto Salvage.

I run this line, has worked fine.

I don't think the supply is available.

If you want to change to AN, you'll need to source a different fuel pump hanger like such.

I recently refurbished my lines. The hard lines were still good enough to sand down the surface rust, clean em up, and back they went.
For the others, I bought nylon line off Amazon as well as the Dorman tool to put the fittings on. Worked like a charm, and no leaks! I also re-used the outer rubber hose that protects the nylon after cleaning them up.

Amazon product ASIN B000E35W1KView: https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-800-301-Fuel-Line-Repair/dp/B000E35W1K/ref=asc_df_B000E35W1K/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312712394155&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3100097766505782301&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004542&hvtargid=pla-449131010299&psc=1

Reactions: 1 user
I recently refurbished my lines. The hard lines were still good enough to sand down the surface rust, clean em up, and back they went.
For the others, I bought nylon line off Amazon as well as the Dorman tool to put the fittings on. Worked like a charm, and no leaks! I also re-used the outer rubber hose that protects the nylon after cleaning them up.

Amazon product ASIN B000E35W1KView: https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-800-301-Fuel-Line-Repair/dp/B000E35W1K/ref=asc_df_B000E35W1K/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312712394155&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3100097766505782301&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004542&hvtargid=pla-449131010299&psc=1

What about the lines under the hood? It seems as though the hard lines turn into soft lines with no connections under the hood below the air filter

The hard lines sneak through the inner fender. Then the nylon lines connect to them (pressed on barb fitting). Then the other end of the nylon has the connection to attach to hard lines coming off the fuel rail.
The Dorman tool help get the new nylon onto the barbed fitting. There’s videos showing people using boiling water tI soften them and then press on, but the quality of the results have not always been great.

The hard lines sneak through the inner fender. Then the nylon lines connect to them (pressed on barb fitting). Then the other end of the nylon has the connection to attach to hard lines coming off the fuel rail.
The Dorman tool help get the new nylon onto the barbed fitting. There’s videos showing people using boiling water tI soften them and then press on, but the quality of the results have not always been great.

Thanks a LOT!!!!

This is exactly the info I was hoping for. Pics help immensely as well. I know exactly what to do now.

Reactions: 1 user