Fuel line leak near subframe connector

AnthonyR23

Sep 8, 2006
Ontario
Unfortunately I now have a fuel leak in one of the lines near the frame, probably damaged when I welded in my full length sub frame connectors.

It never ends!!!!

Ok so I have a 190lph fuel pump, new fuel filter, and fuel rails with adjustable regulator. If I am going to have to rip out the lines, not sure if it is like a complete line, but don't have time to check today before work. Just thinking of cost here too.

What is the cost difference of stepping up the fuel lines to braided, compared to just going with stock replacements. Anyone know anywhere decent to get braided fuel lines, and what is the installation like, I'm thinking it could actually be easier with the braided fuel lines.

Any info. or options, and install tech on this one would be great for those who have either replaced or upgraded there fuel lines. What a pain in the as*.

I have my tailpipes on finally and the subframes are kinda spot welded, don't want to do anymore till I clean up the fuel, so I don't catch myself on fire. It sounds good with the tailpipes, just noticed the fuel leak when I started it up. Wow this sucks!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Are you any good at bending lines? I don't konw how much money my brother has saved our friends buy buying a roll of brake/fuel line and bending it and then flaring the the ends. He did have to by the flaring tools (he has both standard and metric) and the small line cutter but i think you can rent those.
Last week he ran all new brake lines on his friends beater toyota truck.

first check that your connections are tight. The gas might not be leaking from where it is dripping. follow the line back both ways and see it it't wet.

Hey, we figured out where it is coming from, it's the return line for sure, and we do have a flaring kit, so my dad is going to do it for me tomorrow, I am gonna help, and then really wash everything down, including the floor where it leaked, before I finish welding the subframes up. I am done welding the side near any lines, so the rest should be pretty easy. The tailpipes are up. Am excited to take it for a ride to see what it sounds like, and feel if these full length connectors make any noticable difference.