fuel line replace, help?

billison

I like tinted tail
15 Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
stl
just got done chinging the timing cover, fired the car up and i have a fuel line fail and gas goes all over ther place, same thing happened on same car about 5 years ago, sept last time the car cought fire and i had to put it out, almost lost the car!!! so now that i know the stock lines are crap, i need to know the best way to replace the lines coming out of the tank, thanks.:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

yeah that's what i did last time, once i got the tank down i saw the problem,i had looped it around another line and the constant presser over the years just tore it up, so i just got it thanks guys

My feed line got crushed over last winter, so I ended up replacing the entire feed line using Nylon Fuel Tubing with Factory Ford Connectors on each end and it worked out great.

yeah after replaceing the soft line from the tank to the filter and to the "return line" i found that the lines under the mufflers are leaking too, so i think i need to change all the lines. i was thinking of using the high pressure line, both lines, what ya think will be the best way? , thanks, i was thinking of doing it the way "shakerhood" said,

The Nylon Fuel Tubing worked out really well on my car, they use it on new cars today and the Company I got mine from does Kit Car Cobras with 5.0 Drivetrains and use it for them, good luck with your car!