Fuel Pressure/afr Probs

BeaterBeastGT

Feb 6, 2017
I've got a '90 GT with cobra upper and lower intake, Pro-M MAF and CAI, 24# injectors, afr 185 heads, lunati cam, BBK long tubes, and recently put on a adjustable fuel pressure regulator, before the regulator swap it would buck and kick at part throttle when just cruising and smelled rich (or exhaust leak), but I was wondering of what would be the best fuel pressure to adjust it too with the vacuum off, and if it'd also help the AFR a little bit.
Thanks,
"BBGT"

• Sponsors (?)

Stock is 39 with vacuum off.

If you have to adjust the fuel pressure to get it right then the MAF is either wrong for the injectors or calibration is off.

Most pro m maf are meant to have the filter right on the end of them, where do you have the filter located? If it's just hanging out in the engine bay the air wash from the fan will make it act funny.

Reactions: 1 user
Stock is 39 with vacuum off.

If you have to adjust the fuel pressure to get it right then the MAF is either wrong for the injectors or calibration is off.

Most pro m maf are meant to have the filter right on the end of them, where do you have the filter located? If it's just hanging out in the engine bay the air wash from the fan will make it act funny.

^^^^ this.

Having an adjustable FPR doesn't mean you change the FP from stock unless your setup dictates it, which in this case it doesn't. .. I would run the codes- you may have a bad O2 or IAT sensor. Set it at 39 with the line off and plugged.