Fuel pressure gauge

1fast95stang

May 19, 2008
just put on a procharger kit on my 1995 mustang and now i need to install a fuel pressure guage. I know your not suppose to run fuel lines into the car but im running a braided fuel line up to the Clock in the center of the dash and installing the clock style guages there. But i dont know where to get fuel pressure from. Anyone have any ideas. I was going to use the small fitting on the fuel rail but thats not working because its to small and i cant find any way to make that bigger. What about before the fuel line connects into the FMU?? or is there an easier place. Thanks so much for the help

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on your system. I assume you're still running stock so the best location is off the Schroeder valve as stated above. The ideal location would be off of an aftermarket pressure regulator.

If you run fuel lines into your cabin you'll want to make damn sure that you have securely fastened connections. Fuel fed fires are no joke. You also will automatically disqualify yourself from any sanctioned racing if you set it up in that manner.

I would not have bothered at all with a mechanical fuel pressure gauge. You should have gotten something like I did an electronic fuel pressure gauge that has a sender you safely attach to the fuel rail and then just run the wires into the car no biggy and much cleaner.

I have fuel pressure gauge mounted to my fuel rail. I just took off the schraeder (sp?) valve and got the correct fitting to replace it and attached my gauge.

Dave do you know where i can get the right fittings. I went to the hardware and everywhere and no one can seem to be able to do it. can you lead me in the right direction

Dave do you know where i can get the right fittings. I went to the hardware and everywhere and no one can seem to be able to do it. can you lead me in the right direction

IIRC it's a 1/16 to 1/8 NPT adapter. You will most likely have to go to a place that specializes in these types of fittings. It may take a few calls.

IIRC it's a 1/16 to 1/8 NPT adapter. You will most likely have to go to a place that specializes in these types of fittings. It may take a few calls.

Yep…this is what he needs…and he should be able to find it any any local speedshop.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...3280&N=700+4294925228+400442+115&autoview=sku

With that said, the word MORON comes to mind with what he's trying to do. Plumbing a live fuel line into the cabin of the vehicle is ludicrous!!! There are so many ways the line and/or gauge can fail/leak…and the consequences are far beyond having a stained interior with a bad smell.

Seriously, put the damn gauge in a pod on the cowl outside of the cabin or pony up for an electronic gauge or an isolator for the mechanical….otherwise, make sure your life insurance is up to date and that their isn't a "Darwin" clause somewhere in it.

Yep…this is what he needs…and he should be able to find it any any local speedshop.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...3280&N=700+4294925228+400442+115&autoview=sku

With that said, the word MORON comes to mind with what he's trying to do. Plumbing a live fuel line into the cabin of the vehicle is ludicrous!!! There are so many ways the line and/or gauge can fail/leak…and the consequences are far beyond having a stained interior with a bad smell.

Seriously, put the damn gauge in a pod on the cowl outside of the cabin or pony up for an electronic gauge or an isolator for the mechanical….otherwise, make sure your life insurance is up to date and that their isn't a "Darwin" clause somewhere in it.

:D :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: