Fuel pressure gauges..Summit Racing?

latham83

Jul 24, 2003
Hey I want a fuel pressure gauge for installed under my hood at the fuel line....I was told the summit racing gauge for 20 dollars is very accurate and u cant beat it for the price..its also liquid filled? now i also know i need a "fuel rail adapter" which is just a little brass fitting that adapts the fuel line to the gauge..now..what im wondering is where is the hole or fitting on the gauge itself??? is it on the complete back of the gauge..or on the side of it(like the bottom) because i want the gauge to lay FLAT under the hood so i can see it??? u know what i mean?? no standing straight up? if its it on the back of the gauge i will need 90* bend fitting or soemthing???? help me out..what do i need

• Sponsors (?)

yea but i have a 1990 5.0 dude..i have the fuel lines dissconnected right now and they are hanging so i forget what they looke dlike when they are connected..but the line i think is pretty much vertical so if you would screw in the gauge, wouldnt the gauge like "face" the air box..and not up?? would u have to buy an elbow or something

alright dude lol..the fuel lines run up and down, at least the schrader valve is on the part that does. I know the BBK guage has the connector on the back because that's what I have and I'd assume most are similar. The face on mine, as you've noted, isn't horizontal, but rather faces the air intake pipe. I suppose you would need some sort of elbow (again, as you noted) if you would like to view it like you're saying. It would be nice if mine were how you're describing, but it's on now and I don't plan on looking at it all too often, so it's ok. On a side note, be smart and use teflon tape (or I used ARP thread sealer :nice: ) and DON'T twist the fitting in the line too far and snap it off like I did :nonono: Mine said the provided fitting w/ the guage had "self-sealing" threads and that turned out not to be the case :bang: