fuel pump and other components wont shut off...help!

yooki

Jun 21, 2011
had a short behind the driver side kick panel now my fuel pump and other components like ac wont shut off when the key is off the ignition had to do a kill switch for the fuel pump just for mean while till find out what the problem is ... could the fuel pump relay keep all the other componets on or is there another relay that could of got damaged...?? it was working fine before that happend .. the wires that shortet out where the power cable to the fuel pump and im not sure what the other one was even with the power of the fuel pump relay all other componets stay on...

• Sponsors (?)

Year and model of the car, please. You could be driving a chevy for all we know. . Makes it hard to troubleshoot when we don't know what you have.

Therefore, no clue as to which wiring diagram you need. The wiring changed several times between 79 & 95.

That's why it is a good idea to use the sig under the user control panel (User CP) option. It allows you to post your car year & mods, which help greatly when troubleshooting things. No, it is not there for us to snoop and see any "Secrets" you have hidden away under the hood. Be a good stangnetter and update you sig for future reference & don't keep us guessing.

The odds are that the main ECC (computer) relay is the problem. Sorry, but I don't have a wiring diagram for any stock Mustangs eariler than 86.

Is the an EFI swap car with an injector for each cylinder or a CFI with one injector mounted on the throttle body? All the Mustangs that I know about prior to 85 were carb cars.

it has two injectors in the throtle body and i belive its not the original motor it has the fuel pump relay under the driver seat..and has another black relay on the corner of the passenger firewall and top of wheel well ... where would the ecc relay be located?

The standard location for the computer in 86-93 cars was inside the passger kick panel. That would be the first place I would look.

yes the computer is located in the passenger kick panel but i dont see the relay..where is it usually located?

Unfortunately is it probably on top of the computer. Removing the driver's side dash speaker in th 87-93 models helps. Since I haven't seen what the interior of an 84 Mustang looks like, it may not may not work for it.