Electrical Fuel Pump Constantly On, Power Turns Off In Crank Position

Johhny J

Jun 14, 2015
So I just finished swapping a new camshaft in my engine and finished it all up had no problems. I put my battery in and as soon as I connected it, the fuel pump turns on and the solenoid clicks. "External FP" there's no key in the ignition and when I put the key in and click it over to start the fuel pump doesn't prime. When I try to crank it over it acts as if everything dies until I let go of the key. I have a fuel pressure gauge and I am getting no fuel pressure. The only code I got was code 95 and I did some poking around with my multimeter and it seems to act as if the key is always on. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

I have the answer to your problem. It will come with complete, detailed instructions of what to look for, what parts you will need and how to do it.

However there is a catch - you must fill in your Signature as described below.
create-stangnet-signature-1-gif.560134

create-stangnet-signature-2-gif.559921

If you aren't interested in filling in your signature, I am perfectly willing to leave you struggling. FYI: I have one of the best success rates in fixing electrical problems here on Stangnet. Don't believe me? Look at my post count, title and number of likes under my user name. It's all free, no gimmicks or charges of any kind. Do your part as I have asked and I will be glad to help you.

Right now there is no info about your car's model year, EFI or carb, no mods listed. Makes it hard to troubleshoot when we don't know what you have.

Therefore, no clue as to which wiring diagram you need. The wiring changed several times between 79 & 95.

That's why it is a good idea to use the Signature under the user control panel (User CP) option. It allows you to post your car year & mods, which help greatly when troubleshooting things. No, it is not there for us to snoop and see any "Secrets" you have hidden away under the hood. Be a good Stangnetter and update you sig for future reference & don't keep us guessing.

Joe R.

Attachments

• Create Stangnet Signature 2.gif
    Create Stangnet Signature 2.gif
    127 KB · Views: 265
  • Create Stangnet Signature 1.gif
    Create Stangnet Signature 1.gif
    326.1 KB · Views: 301
Last edited: