Fuel Pump Diagnosis - Test Jumper

BlueGT2k

Jun 15, 2003
Fort Wayne, IN
Trying to diagnose a fuel delivery problem on my 2000 GT. The car was idling in the driveway and unexpectedly stalled with no restart. The engine turns over, but had a low fuel pressure code CEL and couldn't get it to start again. There was no sputtering or sign of impending stall condition before the motor just stopped running.

To me, this doesn't seem consistent with a failed/failing fuel pump, so trying to rule out the Fuel Pump Relay (part of CCRM), OR Fuel Pump Drive Module (FPDM) before concluding fuel pump replacement is needed.

Does anyone have wiring diagrams for the FPDM and Fuel Pump pigtail connectors? Trying to determine if there is a safe way to jumper the fuel pump to determine if it is operational and backtrack power signal. I have confirmed power at the inertia switch, so doesn't seem to be the CCRM.

Any advice/recommendations are appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Trying to diagnose a fuel delivery problem on my 2000 GT. The car was idling in the driveway and unexpectedly stalled with no restart. The engine turns over, but had a low fuel pressure code CEL and couldn't get it to start again. There was no sputtering or sign of impending stall condition before the motor just stopped running.

To me, this doesn't seem consistent with a failed/failing fuel pump, so trying to rule out the Fuel Pump Relay (part of CCRM), OR Fuel Pump Drive Module (FPDM) before concluding fuel pump replacement is needed.

Does anyone have wiring diagrams for the FPDM and Fuel Pump pigtail connectors? Trying to determine if there is a safe way to jumper the fuel pump to determine if it is operational and backtrack power signal. I have confirmed power at the inertia switch, so doesn't seem to be the CCRM.

Any advice/recommendations are appreciated.
(7) Red/Blk & (6) Brn/Pnk should be the colors in the plug to the pump itself. You should be able to disconnect the pump/PCM harness at the pump and use a jumper for Bat + and Bat - to those and see if the pump works. Basically a bench test of the pump. Be sure to disconnect the connection prior to testing.

(7) Red/Blk & (6) Brn/Pnk should be the colors in the plug to the pump itself.

I have been looking for a diagram that would show me which pin/wire is what, within the connector. To this point I have not found what I am looking for, and your statement is the closest I have come so far.
I want to Ohm check the motor and see if it registers any resistance to attempt to determine if the motor had Open Windings.

Do you know which pin is 6 & 7 in the connector, as viewed when the connector is unplugged?

When I suspected a bad fuel pump on my 2003, I made up a jumper cable so I could measure the pump voltage and current during cranking.
Here is a drawing looking into the connectors:

Attachments

• Mustang fuel pump connector.jpg
    Mustang fuel pump connector.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 88