Fuel Pump for 2001 GT

antexity

Jul 26, 2020
Canada
Recently acquired a procharged 2001 GT but it's running the stock fuel pump. There are times its beings starved of fuel! From what I read the BBK fuel pump is a direct fit with no modifications required. Then after further searching, I found some posts on SVT Focus pumps. These pumps are half the price of the BBK pump. Is the SVT focus pump a direct fit, with no modifications required as well, is the performance the same as the BBK? Or should I be looking at other pumps altogether? Your comments are appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

Whats your time frame? Do you need it immediately?

I currently have an Aviator pump that flow more than even the SVT Focus pump. It supported 540rwhp without any loss of pressure. Only problem is that it's still in my old tank. Ran it for only 3 months before I lost the motor

Whats your time frame? Do you need it immediately?

I currently have an Aviator pump that flow more than even the SVT Focus pump. It supported 540rwhp without any loss of pressure. Only problem is that it's still in my old tank. Ran it for only 3 months before I lost the motor
Car still runs, so not too urgent. Do Aviator pumps require a fair amount of modification to work?

If you're losing pressure it could be a clog, could be electrical, or even the check valve on the back of the FP Mount. Run some ISO Heet Red Through it, change the fuel filter (which is literally flow) and check electricals first imo. Adjustable FPR? Maybe try that.