Fuel Rail Crossover Hoses

Window

Feb 13, 2017
When i took off the fuel rail there were 3/8 nylon hoses. I was going to replace it with some fuel injection hose and grabbed some gates 5/16. It fits snug but not tight, should i use 1/4 for a really tight fit or stick with the 5/16. Would the flow effect anything? Im going to use efi clamps as well. Anyone ever replace the fuel rail crossovers that can lead me in the right direction on sizing?

• Sponsors (?)

I've had to do it before, but not on my car. I believe I used 5/16. Once you have the clamps on there give it a good pull and see how secure it is.

Kurt

I've done it with the nylon fuel line they sell in parts stores. Had to heat the nylon hose in boiling water to get it on. Once that crap was on the car it leaked. Ended up using fuel line clamps and all was good.

I learned from that to use 5/16 fuel injection hose just like you're doing. Way easier.

I KNEW I responded to this thread! I spotted the other one in tech and thought I missed something. Haha! BTW it definitely looks like 1/4 inch id is the correct hose. It goes on the rails nice and snug. The factory hose looks bigger because there is an insulation over clear plastic fuel hose.

B181D49D-4DBF-442C-A2A6-495C8588A97B.jpeg
D00D4327-996C-4758-8145-E7C7721B764D.jpeg

I know I was trying to figure out where my reply went but figured out I replied to the tech post!
Anyway I'm pretty sure I used 5/16" fuel hose on my 393w build......just went out into the freezing garage
to check but can't see what size because I put some plastic looming over the hose for protection.
Like I said 99% sure it was 5/16" , have about 250mi. on build and no fuel leaks so it must be right.

I know I was trying to figure out where my reply went but figured out I replied to the tech post!
Anyway I'm pretty sure I used 5/16" fuel hose on my 393w build......just went out into the freezing garage
to check but can't see what size because I put some plastic looming over the hose for protection.
Like I said 99% sure it was 5/16" , have about 250mi. on build and no fuel leaks so it must be right.
Darn. I have 1/4 id hose. I guess I will have to look for the 5/16. But I might run the 1/4 for a while.