Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Id

Timh

Aug 14, 2017
Having issues with the car (99 mustang gt) not wanting to start, have to prime the fuel rail multiple times to get it going and sometimes have to shoot some starting fluid into intake. Thought fuel pump was bad but car will run longer than the amount of starting fluid I used sould burn off so must be getting fuel. Getting p0193 fuel pressure rail sensors code and car dies if I rev the motor to fast. Is this in the pic the fuel pressure sensor? If not what is this and why is it in the fuel line? And could it be my issue? Car sat for a couple years without being run, have replaced gas in tank, fuel filter, oil change, air filter, and spark plugs to rule that out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170814-223908.jpg
    Screenshot_20170814-223908.jpg
    772.8 KB · Views: 3,211
  • Sponsors (?)

Thats actually a damper which means it acts like a shock absorber for the fuel system, reducing pulsations through the fuel line caused by the pulsing of injectors. Your Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor is on the driver side fuel rail. its a small box with a vacuum line and a wire conection.

Looks Like This:
frps.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
seeing that it sat for a few years i would suggest checking the pump. Have a friend stand by the gas filler with the cap off and turn the key to on and see if they hear it prime, if nothing then its the pump, but theres still a chance its too weak to pump the fuel. Another thing is in the trunk behind the panel on the left right by where you would be standing when you open the trunk there is a switch there that kills power to the pump if the car is hit from the back but sometimes the pop up anyway, its an inertia switch if its not pressed in then the pump isnt getting any power. when i replaced my pump a few years back in my old car we didnt plug in one of the conections andit ran for ever on what was in the lines, and without pressing the gas and we spray starter fluid in it would run pretty good for a minute or so and thats why it took us for ever to figure out we didnt plug it up.So its still possible that the pump isnt working

Reactions: 1 user
I can sometimes start it by turning the key on and off 3 or 4 times, and when I do get it started if I don't press the accelerator to hard it will run for a bit, sometimes only a few minutes others times it has ran for 20-30 minutes. Will see if I can get hands on a pressure guage, the fuel switch in the back I did ensure was pressed in. Can't say for sure if I hear the fuel pump run, always working by myself and all the stupid dings and bells when you turn the key drowns it out, will need to find a helper. Thanks for the info on what that is attached to my fuel line and the pic of what the sensor I was looking for is.

I can sometimes start it by turning the key on and off 3 or 4 times, and when I do get it started if I don't press the accelerator to hard it will run for a bit, sometimes only a few minutes others times it has ran for 20-30 minutes. Will see if I can get hands on a pressure guage, the fuel switch in the back I did ensure was pressed in. Can't say for sure if I hear the fuel pump run, always working by myself and all the stupid dings and bells when you turn the key drowns it out, will need to find a helper. Thanks for the info on what that is attached to my fuel line and the pic of what the sensor I was looking for is.