fuel Stuff I am so lost.

A67StangMaster

May 4, 2005
San Jose CA
Ok I am in the process of putting my car back together, Because some nut job guy thought he knew what he was doing.

ok i need to get my trottle linkage set up right. and the kick down cable stuff

here is some pictures that i have of the car right now.
The problem is that i dont know how these things work together. :shrug:

Attachments

• CIMG2544.JPG
    CIMG2544.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 106
  • CIMG2545.JPG
    CIMG2545.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Sponsors (?)

A67StangMaster said:
here are some more

With the cable kick down setup pictured in the 2nd post, you do not need the added feature that is found on your Holley carb in the first post. Trying to use it is probably the source of your frustrations.

That cable on the tranny gets hooked to the lower throttle bar (both shown in the picture in the 2nd post.) The cable will appear to be loose (I don't believe there is any adjustment for it.) When the gas pedal is depressed fully, it will pull the cable forward and move the lever on the transmission.

The carb is attached to the upper part of the upper throttle bar by means of a thin Z shaped rod, approximately 10" long. It is missing in your photos. When the gas pedal is depressed, the upper throttle bar moves toward the firewall. That will pull the Z shaped rod and thus pull the lever on the side of the carb so that the throttle plates open. The Z rod is attached to the upper part of the carb lever--I try to use the big hole that is directly on top in your photos. You will also need a throttle return spring.

When I mounted my Holley, I had to bend the Z rod to shorten it enough so the throttle can be fully opened.

For the transmission to kick down during acceleration, the gas pedal will need to be fully depressed so that the cable pulls the lever on the transmission. Engine vacuum will drop to the modulator. Once both actions have occurred, then the transmission should down shift under acceleration, assuming you are in the gears targeted shift point.

Of course if you do not have the throttle fully depressed, the transmission valve body will use its normal means to decide what gear it should be in.

Under the hood, you should be able to see when the throttle is wide open and the tranny lever is pulled. The only adjustment, that I can remember, is on the back of the throttle Z rod.

Clear as mud????