Fuel system

Smurfstang88

Nov 11, 2019
Virginia
I have what is probably a dumb question that should be easy to answer, but i just cant seem to find out what it is by googling it.. im doing lca’s and torque box reinforcements so while im under there im giving everything a look over, and i see this black circular box type thing that my inline holly pump goes to. Im really only just curious as to what it is and does, its the first if noticed it there haha. While im on the topic of fuel i also want to ask opinions on my fuel system right now. I have a holly mighty mite 4-7psi pump and a edlebrock carb, i dont have a inline pressure regulator, but i havnt had any issues:shrug: so im not sure if i need to have one or what.. also the way the previous owner set this thing up is he seems to have ran a rubber line to connect to a metal line coming out of the tank, then the pump goes to that black thing, comes out a rubber line and then connects back to a metal line under the car, theres 3 metal ones and only 1 is doing anything.. and then the metal one goes behind the inner fender, connects to a rubber again right behind the tire which seems wrong to me,then to a filter to the carb. So basically i want to know(if i put that to where a human can understand) is is this “right” or even safe? I also am having subframe connectors welded on when im done with this and it seems it will be right near those lines and lets just say i wouldnt want to be the one welding near it all.. is it advisable that i just buy some of that stainless wrapped fuel line and change it all out and rout it differently or should i be ok?

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

D3F24F5A-8BA6-4B0F-8784-39AE03D39DFC.jpeg

I can tell you the round canister in the pic with a hose at each end is a fuel filter.
Anything else I can't comment on because I don't know enough about the car like year, is it a carb swapped V8 efi or a V8 swapped 4 cyl.
Pics of the questionable parts/pieces would help too.

I dont know why i didnt even think of the fact that it could be the fuel filter, sometimes i wonder how i made it this far! Anyways ill try to add some pics of the examples where i can kinda show what i mean by rubber meeting metal lines etc.

Attachments

• 1C573964-26C4-4D2F-8209-EA5B572DA029.jpeg
    1C573964-26C4-4D2F-8209-EA5B572DA029.jpeg
    603.4 KB · Views: 55
This is also a completely unrelated issue ive just come across, i might make a new thread if nobody sees this due to being a unrelated topic. Anyways i found that my driveshaft is wet with a slight drip, on the diff end. It is wet on the side where the bolt heads are but doesnt seem to be leaking down the case down the pumpkin like normal pinion seals, but is there any other thing it could be leaking out of on that side of the differential? Also the whole underside of the car above the driveshaft right there looks like its been sprayed from the gearoil, so thats nice.. hopefully it didnt mess anything up in the diff not sure how much fluid is in there.

Attachments

• B5FF5205-0BF2-4917-83EA-E39777BB4EEB.jpeg
    B5FF5205-0BF2-4917-83EA-E39777BB4EEB.jpeg
    626.8 KB · Views: 58