Fuel Tank Airlock Issue.

Lex

Founding Member
Mar 2, 2004
Halifax NS. Canada
A few months back. I started having issues with airlock from my fuel tank. When I go to the pump gas, I get about $4 worth of fuel before it clicks (stops) and I can hear air trying to escape. Takes like 5 minutes to put in $20.00 of fuel. I replaced the Filler Tube and Vapor Canister and still has air lock. On top of it. I can tell the car struggles for fuel because once a while (very sporadic every couple days) the car will "hickup" on the highway. it will do it for a while then be fine. Could there be lines plugged? If you have any ideas, let me know :)

Oh and I get this error on diagnostics

P1131 Lack Of H02S11 = A HEGO sensor indicating lean at the end of a test is trying to correct for an over-rich condition. The test fails when the fuel control system no longer detects switching for a calibrated amount of time.

• Sponsors (?)

I have also encounter a similar issue and found the cause to be a clogged charcoal canister. Since you have replaced yours, it seems unlike to be the cause.

Suggest checking the Charcoal canister vent solenoid. The CV vent solenoid is attached almost directly to the charcoal canister. The vent has a mess screen that points to the car's rear. What sometimes happens is insects will make there home in the vent thus blocking it.