• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Fueling issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter Komputrkid
  • Start date Start date Oct 28, 2004
K

Komputrkid

New Member
Oct 28, 2004
4
0
1
Oct 28, 2004
#1
  • Oct 28, 2004
  • #1
I'd like to know if anyone is having the same issue I am when filling up my 05. When I go to the pump, the fill-stop function keeps tripping every second. I checked to see if there was a kink or something in the fill line from the cap to the tank and there was none. It looks like the line is pretty small to begin with. Only way I found to stop the headache is to turn the pump handle upside down.

Anyway, anyone else having this problem?
 
B

Boomer v3.8

New Member
Mar 13, 2003
127
0
0
Oct 28, 2004
#2
  • Oct 28, 2004
  • #2
A lot of cars have that problem.
Working at a gas station through highschool...easy trick to learn.

Just pull the nozzle out an inch or 2.
The turn in the line to the gas tank probably has a sharp turn and the splashback is kicking the sensor sooner than it should
 

Stangnut

Member
Mar 24, 2003
483
0
16
Dothan, AL
Oct 28, 2004
#3
  • Oct 28, 2004
  • #3
We have that problem a lot with the truck bodies we install at work.
If you've checked the main (larger) filler hose, also check the vent hose.
It's the smaller hose that should run right beside it.
If those look OK, try backing the nozzle out a little when you pump. I've seen a lot of cars that are that way from the factory.
If none of that works, take it to the dealer.

Jason
 

myponyrocks

I have more billet on the Stang than most women ha
Apr 18, 2004
1,219
0
37
Oct 28, 2004
#4
  • Oct 28, 2004
  • #4
had the same issue on my 67, two ways to fix it, go to a gas station that has metal only nozzels (no rubber boot), ot do what they said above, hold it out a bit
 
K

Komputrkid

New Member
Oct 28, 2004
4
0
1
Oct 28, 2004
#5
  • Oct 28, 2004
  • #5
Thanks for the tips. If those don't work, the dealer is only a short (and fun) drive away.
 
L

LordHalbert

New Member
Apr 2, 2004
56
0
0
Oct 29, 2004
#6
  • Oct 29, 2004
  • #6
I'm having the same problem with my 05 GT

What's up with that?



Must be a factory defect
 
K

klous

New Member
Jun 22, 2004
104
0
0
Oct 29, 2004
#7
  • Oct 29, 2004
  • #7
Komputrkid said:
I'd like to know if anyone is having the same issue I am when filling up my 05. When I go to the pump, the fill-stop function keeps tripping every second. I checked to see if there was a kink or something in the fill line from the cap to the tank and there was none. It looks like the line is pretty small to begin with. Only way I found to stop the headache is to turn the pump handle upside down.

Anyway, anyone else having this problem?
Click to expand...

I had this problem the first time I filled up but have not since.
 

CaliLifeStyle

New Member
Jun 9, 2004
625
0
0
Oxnard, CA
Oct 29, 2004
#8
  • Oct 29, 2004
  • #8
Maybe your gas tank is already full? Just Kidding.

My friends Supra does the same thing. He has to go to a station that has no rubber boot on the nozzles. The only gas station he goes to is Texaco.
 

Mr_dcj2001

Member
Sep 8, 2004
355
0
16
California
Nov 1, 2004
#9
  • Nov 1, 2004
  • #9
CaliLifeStyle said:
Maybe your gas tank is already full? Just Kidding.

My friends Supra does the same thing. He has to go to a station that has no rubber boot on the nozzles. The only gas station he goes to is Texaco.
Click to expand...
Is that what I think it is in your Avatar???
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
01 mustang 3.8 fuel pressure issue
  • Mhaley2006
  • May 29, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
371
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 9, 2026
JohnKay
J
Fox Fuel Pump Issues After Replacement/Upgrade
  • Ryu
  • Jun 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
898
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2026
Ryu
H
Fuel starvation issues, 91 EFI to carb swap. Car dying after 1-3 gallons used. EFI tank, electric fuel pump, bypass regulator. Dual fed carb
  • hassler
  • Oct 11, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
874
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 12, 2025
nickyb
Ford truck engine swap issues
  • keel
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
17
Views
519
Other Auto Tech Jul 13, 2026
General karthief
L
1997 V6 Starting issue
  • leanzik04
  • Mar 20, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
297
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Mar 20, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?