Full Cat-Back or just mufflers?

YallarStang

Dec 4, 2003
I am looking to get some Magnapacks installed. The best price I can find for the whole cat-back system in $350, but I read in another thread that you can get just the mufflers for $40 a piece. Can the stock mufflers be cut out and the new magnapacks welded in? Would there be any advantages or disadvantages to this?

• Sponsors (?)

well here is reality. mufflers will cost you money. say if you get the mufflers for $80 a piece. so then it will cost you

$240 just to do mufflers and install.

rember you factor system is stainless and can be sold for some $$$$

I sold my old exhaust on ebay for $90 on ebay. I even cut cut mine because I am lazy and did not want to loosen my shocks. If you took the time to pull it in one piece you may get more. so if you take selling you factory exhaust into account it is really not that bad to buy a whole system.

Do people even read the posts any more. He said he could get them for $40 a piece. Secondly, how are you getting this install price of $80? Any muffler shop will be able to do the job in less than 1 hour, and they don't make $80 an hour.

Thanks for the replies so far. I read something about going from the stock offset muffler to a straight through muffler. Does anyone know if this would be a problem getting the pipes to fit?

advantages = cheap great sound
disadvantages = no cool 3.5 in tips but you can buy those seperately too, no bigger diameter mandrel bent pipes. Maybe 1-3 RWHP not gained.

It'll be cheap to weld in just the packs. I'd only do the entire CB if you plan to add a power adder someday, in that case the larger diameter mandrel bent pipes may com ein handy, but really only then.

Just weld in the packs :nice:

YallarStang said:
Thanks for the replies so far. I read something about going from the stock offset muffler to a straight through muffler. Does anyone know if this would be a problem getting the pipes to fit?

They may have to add some pipe to make it work, but still will be cheap -

anything can be done with a welder !

68 & 00 GT said:
advantages = cheap great sound
disadvantages = no cool 3.5 in tips but you can buy those seperately too, no bigger diameter mandrel bent pipes. Maybe 1-3 RWHP not gained.

It'll be cheap to weld in just the packs. I'd only do the entire CB if you plan to add a power adder someday, in that case the larger diameter mandrel bent pipes may com ein handy, but really only then.

Just weld in the packs :nice:

:stupid:

I agree with with the people that say only mufflers. I had flows welded in and just this past weekend i got spintechs welded in and both set ups sound awesome. It does not cost a lot to get them welded in. I got my spintech welded in for $20. Buying the whole thing doesnt make sense to me.