Full exhaust on a 97 Cobra,What to get?

Ok, so Im contradicting myself by saying only newbies on here ask exhaust questions. To make a long story short, I hydrolocked my old motor, and am having a new one built by Mike Murillo (forged internals and all the goodies). Upon pulling my engine, they noticed I have a crack in the Motorsport shorty header. They recommend long tubes, and I know long tubes are better, but Im already 6Gs in the hole with this new motor. If I get long tubes I have to get a new midpipe, and I've been thinkin of ditching the catback with my stock pipes and weld in Flows. So, I want to know the best, most cost efficient, decent sounding full exhaust setup. Another option is to just get a set of new shorties and replace the H pipe and catback later. Oh ya I also need to get new motor and tranny mounts, and I have 4.10s waiting to go in (4.56s seem a little much for me). Suggestions PLEASE!

• Sponsors (?)

The (IMO) best option for power and fitment, albeit the nice price tag would be:

-Bassani Mid-lengths
-Bassani short o/r X-pipe
-Bassani Catback

IMO that would be one hell of a system, would be a top power maker, would sound absolutely evil, and you could tell people that you have a "full bassani exhaust".

Bassani would leave my cornhole raw. Talk about those prices, I would get totally raped. I mean I know Bassani sounds awesome, but dang. I'm thinking of actually going Mac long tubes, with Mac shorty H, and Magnaflow catback, not the magnapacks. Anybody running this setup? I think it would sound decent. How many 4V people are running longtubes? I need some advice. Is the sound better? Do you actually make more horse?

Just make sure on the mac you get the new ones.They are jet hot coated,tig welded (heli-arc) & make the best Power. Use the power chamber best power of all mid pipes.
Also didn't remove k member.Have Mac's new Cat back with Polished Stainless Rear section.
Wow what a improvement over old mac & other brands. Hooker & Mac in my opinion are the best overall right now & best bang for the $$.
Installers where i work agree.