Full JBA Exhaust System

JTGrant

Aug 2, 2005
GA
My current setup has a lot of resonance between 2500 and 2800 rpm. I was thinking of switching the mufflers to the JBA axlebacks. I was just wondering if anyone here has the whole JBA exhaust system or a setup that is similar. Or anyone knows of axlebacks that does not have any resonance with LT headers and an O/R H-pipe.

• Sponsors (?)

I have jba longtubes h pipe and stock mufflers as well, sounds very good. It kinda sorta trumpets at 2500, that's the only down side. There is no drone, and it can be very quiet if needed. However, whenever u get on it.. :D

Ill have sound clips up soon.

JTGrant, when I first installed the longtubes, there was a slight resonance around 2500 or so. The car didn't have many miles on it back then, and the resonance is now pretty much gone. My only guess is now that the car has 30,000 miles on it (only had 10,000 when I installed the longtubes), the mufflers have "broken in" so to speak. I love how it sounds, I have NO desire to change out the axlebacks especially since there's no power to be had there.

One other thing I should add.... even when the resonance was there, it was only during a heavy load. When at that rpm during cruising speeds, it was nonexistent.