Funny thing happened tonight (not really).

2002MineralGray

Feb 13, 2008
Ok so I went to Taco Bell tonight after coming home from my dad's house. Sitting in my car eating and as I was pulling out I see a buddy of mine that I graduated from high school with. So I pull in and get out and the first thing he notices is my car. He says how he remembers me always saying I was going to get a Mustang when we were in high school and how when we were in computer class I would always look them up.

So we are sitting there just shootin the **** and then these two ghetto looking kids pull up and get out. I was smoking so one of em asks me for a light. I was also parked next to like an 88 Fox that looked pretty beat but when the guy came out he revved it up for me and my god that thing sounded beastly! So one of the ghetto kids is like "yeah you two should race it would be like oldschool vs new". I politely told him I don't street race anymore but Id be happy to meet the guy who owned the car up at the track Wednsday night. So the ghetto kid is like "yeah but yours is so beastly looking do you think you would win?"

So I ask the owner of the car what mods he has and he tells me the car is still stock but the motor was rebuilt by the previous owner. He then tells me him and his dad just recently bought it and he honestly doesn't know much about Mustangs but he is studying up on them and trying to learn. So I tell the ghetto kid that my car is pretty much stock as well and stock for stock the 5.0 was a faster car than mine.

He looks at me like I was lying and goes "Dude his car is so beat and dirty and yours is mad clean yours is like an 06." I tell him its actually an 02 and not to underestimate the Fox especially if the motor was just rebuilt. Then he says "So I bet the motor is just as dirty as the car... AND LOOK AT HIS WHEELS!" I was like "uhhh dirty wheels don't mean anything dude." I proceed to tell him about the displacement of each car and he didn't know what the **** I was talking about and responds with "DO A BURNOUT!":nonono: That ain't happening in the crowed Taco Bell parking lot I think to myself. They then asked how muched I payed for my car which wasn't any of their business (if you have to ask then you can't afford it :rlaugh:). So after he just insulted the **** out of this poor guys car these ghetto kids get in there blinged out Jeep Cherokee and park behind my car and just sit there grilling us as me my buddy and the owner of the Fox are talking. They sat there for legit almost 45 minutes liek they were waiting for me to leave and follow me out or something. Seriously people like that irritate me so much.

• Sponsors (?)

Ok thats my mistake lol. Forgive me Im still learning. But I wasn't about to be like yeah my car will smoke him because to be honest I wasnt sure so I always assumed the 5.0 was a bit quicker. Im not one to talk mad **** about other people's cars being slow when i don't know much about them so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But the thing that irritated me was these kids were saying just because his car was dirty it was slow as ****.

Ok thats my mistake lol. Forgive me Im still learning. But I wasn't about to be like yeah my car will smoke him because to be honest I wasnt sure so I always assumed the 5.0 was a bit quicker. Im not one to talk mad **** about other people's cars being slow when i don't know much about them so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But the thing that irritated me was these kids were saying just because his car was dirty it was slow as ****.

well..they where right about it being slow lol....

5.0s put out low LOW 200s-190s to the wheels stock.

but the kicker with 5.0s(and proble why u thought they where faster) is they can be made quick for cheap. a mild h/c/i swap costs around 1k if u buy smart, and will net some pretty impressive gains.

Yeah I love when people dont know squat about cars and come up with the most off the wall stuff about why someone is faster/slower.

"oh man, thats a 1995, your ~~~~ is a 2008, youll smoke it!!!"

Yet they could be comparing a 1995 Saleen SC-351 to a 2008 Mustang GT...

5.0's are also 20 years old.

A stock 5-spd notch could be capable of a 13.9...but that was maybe back in 1987. Chances are most stock 5.0's these days have over 100K miles and are tired....but you never know.

But a lot of 5.0s still out there aren't stock. Mine isn't ;) And yes..it's faster than my '03 GT and AOD to boot :)

stock for stock the mod will smoke the push-rod, obviously. but then who would rebuild a 302 to stock specs?? as already stated..

but then personally id be embarrised to say the previous owner did everything, even if it was just under the hood, and then, at least, know whats actually under there.

i wish i could find a bone stock, low miles, notch with a t-5 as easily as a new edge stock gt.

stock for stock the mod will smoke the push-rod, obviously. but then who would rebuild a 302 to stock specs?? as already stated..

but then personally id be embarrised to say the previous owner did everything, even if it was just under the hood, and then, at least, know whats actually under there.

i wish i could find a bone stock, low miles, notch with a t-5 as easily as a new edge stock gt.

im going a diff route.. find a clean coupe 4cyl..then just swap it out...but im putting a BB Ford in mine hehe 460+ stripped coupe= torque terror