Fuse Box

mustangapril

Sep 14, 2008
Yuma, AZ
Last night noticed blackness on the left side. Cannot see gas gauge or temperature gauge even though my lights are on. Could this be just a fuse?

I don't have the manual to the car. It was sold without one. I'm assuming the fuse box under the steering is where I would need to find the bad fuse OR could it be a lightbulb? Not sure how to replace a lightbulb though.....

Anyone know if it is a fuse and which one?

Thanks

There are small bulbs behind the instrument cluster, one of them likely burned out - it happens. The cluster and bulb are easy to remove but it's a bit time-consuming. Try a search in the forums for "remove instrument cluster" or "led light cluster" and you should find instructions on removing the cluster.

Chythar's right on.it's most likely a bad bulb.
do all the light's on the cluster illuminate except the light near the fuel and temp gauge?

here's a mini-how to.not very complete,i was a little busy today

1.turn headlight's on.using a pick or small sloted screwdriver,release the little tab on the knob.push shaft back in to shut headlights off.

2.with a torx t-20 bit,remove the two screw's that hold the cluster bezal in place.
pull out.

3.(imagine cluster in the dash,did not have time to disassemble mine)
at arrows,remove the four bolts that hold the cluster in dash,can't remember the size,sorry.
next,pull forward a little,from bottom tilt upward and disconect the two electrical connectors in the back.

4.with cluster out,on the backside,turn the black (or blue) bulb holders and pull out.
pull bulb straight out of socket to replace.
i think the bulb size is 195.
install is reverse of removal

Attachments

• HPIM4158-1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 51
  • HPIM4160-1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 55
  • HPIM4161-1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 53
  • HPIM4159.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 52
  • HPIM4157-1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 47

Did you really do all this just to show how? WOW!! Talk about being dedicated/commited.

Attachments

• HPIM4161-1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 35
  • HPIM4157-1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 37
  • HPIM4158-1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 39
  • HPIM4160-1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 55
  • HPIM4159.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 51