Future reference for AFR heads...

mustang120plus

Founding Member
Jan 10, 2002
Michigan
Hey all,...

I have been doing a lot of hunting/research on trying to find the damn plugs for the front/back of the heads...and to no avail.

I had some people tell me that I could get it at the ford dealership, others said get them from AFR directly, and others tried to rattle off a size (all wrong).

Anyways,...my dad gets on the horn with AFR and asks for the sales dept and gets this retarted guy on the phone that does not know what the hell he is talking about and says get them from ford...so he calls ford and nope they dont know what hes talking about either. So he calls me and tells me what happened so far and I told him to frickin call back AFR and ask for the engineering dept instead. So he does and they send him to the same retard...lol. So he talks to this guy and says "give me a part number to tell ford". The guy says well I can give you "our part number"...so my dad was like wait...I thought you did not make the part. The guy says "o we make them but I told you we didnt cause I didnt think you wanted to pay $10.00 a piece for them".

My dad was like WTF are you serious...this has been holding us up for a week!.

So to make a long ass story short AFR DOES MAKE THE PLUGS...and they are reducers.

10 bux a piece. Call them and order now lol!

• Sponsors (?)

My edelbrock heads came with them.:nice: Ford does make them you just have to have the part number. I had it at one point, but threw it away when I saw that my edelbrock heads had them included. I got the Ford part number from a friend, off the little bag that his head plugs came in.

Uhh, those plugs are $2 each at a local machine shop. $10 each???? :eek: The heads should come with 1 for each head for the front acccessories and you will need to buy 2 more if you wanna plug the rear smog holes.

Mike

Yea, mine was a crate motor...so I got no accesories with it...the shop prolly kept em.

I would have used the original but I gave the engine to my younger 16 yearl old brother to put in his ranger...so that wasnt gonna work either.

I just got them today, going to put them on tommorow. Believe it or not this the only thing that was holding me up to get my car on the road this weekend after it being "under construction" for a year...so I am excited = ).