FYI regarding my parts for sell thread and my car

TurboSnake95

Founding Member
Mar 15, 2002
Spanaway, Washington
I have gotten alot of PM's with pretty much the same question (in diffrent words) and that is:

"WTF??? why you parting it out?"

So here is a short version of what happened and whats going on:

Let's see, where to start...... lol. Well we just dyno'd the car two weekend's ago and made some pretty solid numbers. After 5 pull's we ended up at 748 rwhp and around 730 +/- rwtq @ 20-21 PSI, This was done on 92 Octane pump gas and a little meth injection, A/F was 9.9 to 1 and air temps were at 80* with very little timing :hail2: (Side note: It took C16 + Tons of timing to get to the 700rwhp mark with the T76, Pump gas tune with the T76 was 550 rwhp at 13 PSI) So needless to say I was very excited, and then it happened.............................

After the 5th Pull and when we saw the 9.9 to 1 A/F my Tuner was going to lean it out by taking some fuel out and then we where going to call it good, I was thinking like 10.5 to 1 A/F with about 760 rwhp :nice: Anyways as soon as he started the car back up there came a knocking sound from the engine, Cylinder #8 to be exact, well after some investigation, checking Rockers and such and also using a micro bore scope camera (or whatever its called) to look at the Pistons and valves we saw that number 8 has a folded up mystery piece of metal sitting on top of the piston Everything looks perfect in the cylinder except for the piece of metal sitting on the piston :mad:

So now I need to pull the head off and see wtf is up, and pray that it was a stray bolt or something that had gotten into the intake somehow (could have happened when I switched the upper intake) and nothing serious so that I will not have to rebuild the whole engine again

This was all done on load bearing mustang type dyno.

I have not done any C16 race gas pulls yet as I still need to break the clutch in, I don't see why it won't go over 1000 rwhp with 30 PSI and timing.

Another item that I am still on the fence about is that I cannot fit a Air filter onto the Turbo, The Turbo is large and the inlet opening is 5 1/2 Inches across And space is very limited in which I have to use a screen. So now I am thinking maybe switching to a Twin 67mm setup, but then again not sure, maybe just stick this out thru next summer :shrug:

So far the only items that I have sold are the old setup items that I no longer need. The new interior and the S380R Turbo will probably be kept along with the FAST, unless I get what I am asking :shrug:

Honestly this whole car over the last 8+ years has been a love / hate relationship, and sometimes I really just need to get rid of it and start a different hobby lol. Over the last 8+ years I have probably spent way over 40k into this car with all the changes and upgrades and what have you.

A friend of mine once said that "if your not having any fun with this hobby, It's time to get out"

Anyway's I guess the straw that broke the camels back is that in the last month I have spent a total of $13,000 in upgrades/etc. on the car to include the labor and yet I will be towing it home :(

My goal many years back was to build a reliable 10 second daily driver, I accomplished this 2 years ago. But yet this car is like crack in a crack pipe, and I just want more and more, This time around I just want it to be a solid reliable 9 second daily driver with my son's car seat in the back :D

I'm also tired of the paint job kinda......

Anyway's this is what's going on and what I have been thinking / rambling about so who knows where I go from here.

Thanks for all those that PM'd me asking WTF :nice: It's pretty cool that alot of you followed along with me and my car on this expensive journey.

William:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

You know my thoughts...put it in the garage and toss a car cover on it. When spring comes, you'll find the spark again....but in the meantime, get your butt in gear and get a quad some you can come race with us:nice:

You know my thoughts...put it in the garage and toss a car cover on it. When spring comes, you'll find the spark again....but in the meantime, get your butt in gear and get a quad some you can come race with us:nice:

I'm with Cory on this issue. I've been soooo pissed of at my car in the past, then I love it, then pissed, and so on. Just throw a car cover over it and get something to take your mind off it. A quad, a gun (that's what I did :nice:), just something you can enjoy and get's you away from the car hobby. You'll be back in the swing of things in no time. Good luck on the rebuild, you've got all the right parts, just give it a little time.

Nate:nice:

Thanks for all the support, guess we will see were I go with the car from here.

On a good note, here is the Dyno graph from the last pull, still need to lean it out more :D :

DART 331
AFR 185's
Trickflow R Box intake
F.A.S.T.
Bullseye S380R
3.5" Downpipe

92 Octane pump gas
AIS Meth injection
20 PSI
9.9 : 1 A/F ratio
Intake air temp @ 80 deg.

App0001.jpg

Attachments

• App0001.jpg
    App0001.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 59
well i guess set a goal and stick to it! if ya want a 9sec d/d then go for it and stay dont try to make more get it and call it good! as far as getting another hobby? i think it will snow ball all over again. i did the R/C car crap years ago had 4 cars and about 4-5G total in them. f that got bored sold them all. Maybe it's just that my pockets arent that deep as most of yours? but as soon as the new engine i'm doing is done i'm good! Dont care how fast it is and if i'm makeing more power then everyone else!as long as i'm good with what i got who cares what everyone else thinks!i think thats what everyone's deal is in any sport or hobby is to out do the next person...just to say ha ha i'm better then you! good luck on your quest tho! peace

john:p

I know exactly how you feel! I spent 4.5 years and close to $80K building my dream truck! I loved it, hated it, cussed it, got screwed by a few shops(including a good friend...a painter for 5k over quote!)......in the end my dream truck was a nightmare!! I put it on Ebay, it left the country never to be seen again! There are a few times I miss and regret selling....but not many!