Gas and Mustang Future

Engine Choices

• Mustang Hybrid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mustang with 4cyl/ GT with V6

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Mustang with cylinder management (V6 V8 stay)

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Mustang with just 4cyl but GT with Supercharger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No change in the mustang lineup

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

My first thought was electric like the Tesla Roadster but don't think that technology would work in a 3300lb car and give good performance. Also the more I think about it the more I question "would a mustang still be a mustang without a gas powered V8 or V6 combustion engine?" I saw the article on the diesel powered mustang and thought that was interesting but to me a Mustang needs to run on gasoline not diesel. Anything else I think would take away the spirit of the pony car/muscle car in general. What I'm trying to say is I don't think there should be a change, if there was I don't think the car should be called a Mustang. Just my opinion.

Well when i started this poll i was thinking into the future as being the next 10 years. I know the V8 is a great engine but I think if you can get a mustang about the size of the SN95, with a weight around 3000-3200lbs, and have atleast two or three engines like a 4cyl making 200hp, a Supercharged 4cyl making 275, and a V6 making 300+ I think the mustang would survive. Of course people would want that V8 sound but it would still be a fast car. Naturally of course it would have to look like a mustang too!

I don't think a change is needed at all, on the highway my Mustang GT sips gas and its not that bad around town either. I average 25-27mpg and get about 30+ on highway @60mph. I don't think there is a change needed. If Ford is going to change anything give Mustang an independent rear suspension so it can attract more customers. It's not the early 90's anymore you can go real fast in the 1/4mile with IRS nowadays!! :nice: