Gauging Interest : Carbon Fiber Consoles anyone?

OneStiffGT

Jan 18, 2006
Canada
I would love to get some carbon fiber console made for my car, but it would be very expensive just to make 1. Would anybody be interested in having some CF consoles made up for their cars? I am going to talk to a few places I know that works with Carbon Fiber, and see if I can get a price on them.

*** THese wont be those stick on dash trim pieces, the whole part will be made out of carbon fiber ***

2284.jpg

2263.jpg

^ For now I am thinking of these 2 complete pieces.

I donno anything about the interior pieces, but my car is a 99-04, so it would be for a 99-04 and any other stang that uses the same parts.

PS : I am not a business nor doing this for the sake of making money, I am just tyring to see since I would be getting these parts made for myself, if there would be any interest for other people, so they would also be able to have this part, and secondly all of us would benefit since the price would be lower when the quantity is higher.

• Sponsors (?)

In order to have the consoles work for all 99-04 cars, you'd have to get them to make 4 seperate pieces. The consoles were different from 2001-2004... they had the same basic shape, but the details (like cupholders and switch placement) were different.

I have a 5 piece kit including door inserts upper and lower center dash and the instrument panel. My friends company makes OE navigator,aviator, wood interior. They can make you a kit for about $800. PM me if interested. They are not a public sale item, but rather custom order. I'll take good pictures off all that today, but I currently have a few crappy 1mp pics in the garage(makes it look stick on :( ) . BTW they can do the weave contrast and base colors any way you like.

Someone else asked me from here last week so maybe if enough of you want to do it it will save some money possibly.

I am not tlaking about COVERS or STICKERS...

This would be a whole new piece made out of carbon fiber... As in you would physically remove the console, and replace it with the Carbon Fiber one.

It would be like this... But for the parts I have shown above.

amaturenbrett.jpg

They can make that too but it costs 5x as much. They also make CF for the the Prototype racers. You are better off gutting your interior they paying for that, plus CF composite does not have a long life(<10, before fatiqued and cracking, especially on interior panels that will seee lots of heat, cold cycles.)

squares98 said:
They can make that too but it costs 5x as much. They also make CF for the the Prototype racers. You are better off gutting your interior they paying for that, plus CF composite does not have a long life(<10, before fatiqued and cracking, especially on interior panels that will seee lots of heat, cold cycles.)

So you are telling me all those high end boats and ships that are being made out of carbon fiber will be garbage after a couple of years?

OneStiffGT said:
So you are telling me all those high end boats and ships that are being made out of carbon fiber will be garbage after a couple of years?
I have a '42 Fountain Lightning with lots of C/F goodies. My dash is almost ALL C/F. It sees sun, and splashes of salt water (also the occasional beer spillage) and it looks as good as new.

That is a different type of CF and the base structure is set up to supprt the CF, and faces totaly differnet stresses then a race car. The point is the higher the long term quality, the higher the price skyrockets. Not all CF composites are created equally

squares98 said:
That is a different type of CF and the base structure is set up to supprt the CF, and faces totaly differnet stresses then a race car. The point is the higher the long term quality, the higher the price skyrockets. Not all CF composites are created equally

And how do you figure these ones wont be made good? :shrug:

I am not going to put cheap **** on my car, and if you read the initial thread, it is going to cost me an arm and a leg just to get 1 made that is why I am looking to see if more people would like to get them made, so the cost would spread over everyone who wants one, and these parts will be made at a composite shop where they actually make boats etc...

whats the benefit of adding super expensive custom carbon fibre to a mustang? The weight savings can't be that much over the plastic....if its purely for show then i doubt you will find many interested since most would rather put that kind of money into a blower etc...

DropTopPony said:
whats the benefit of adding super expensive custom carbon fibre to a mustang? The weight savings can't be that much over the plastic....if its purely for show then i doubt you will find many interested since most would rather put that kind of money into a blower etc...

true dat